How do I change or delete my profile picture?

Answered!
Shara5
Level 2
San Diego, CA

1 Best Answer
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi everyone, if you would like to change your your profile information or edit it including your profile picture , you can refer to the following resources that provide detailed information about Managing your Airbnb profile : 

I hope it helps!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

35 Replies 35
Dana361
Level 1
United States

I was able to delete my old profile photo, but can't get the new photo to load. I've tried both JPEG and PDF formatting, but nothing works. I've changed it before, but can't find anyone who can help with this.

Working on an iMac, if that makes a difference somehow

Thoughts?

Rose472
Level 1
North San Juan, CA

Click on your photo, click on profile, click on update photo. If this doesn't work call Airbnb at 1-855-424-7262 they should be able to help you. Hope this helps.

Mina752
Level 1
BG, Serbia

How to delete existing photos and to add new ones

For desktop:
Airbnb.com > Click on your name (top right hand corner) > Account > Nevermind the tiles and click 'Go to profile' just before them > Update photo > click on the recycle bin to delete your pic.

Lame UX, but that's how it works.

Thank you! 

Thank you!

Thanks!!

Anuj46
Level 1
Bradenton, FL

In the app, Profile -> Show Profile - > Edit (top right) - > press the small camera icon in the bottom right of where the picture is displayed. It’s hard to spot. Then you can edit your photo.

Nicolette47
Level 1
Washington, United States

remarkably helpful. thank you.

This actually works! I never noticed that small camera icon in the corner before. Thanks for sharing!

I held down the old profile picture on the iPhone app for a second and it brought the menu to edit my photo

Nancy1674
Level 1
Rochester, NY

Called airbnb and helped in minutes. You click your photo, go to account and on the *left* where it shows your name you click next to it and it brings you to old photo. Woot! Woot!

Noelle161
Level 1
Corona, CA

This is for my folks in the USA. Also, you have to do this from a desktop. I did this with a Mac Book Pro:
1.) Go to the help center
2.) The page will say "Hi ____ how can we help?"
3.) Click on your pic in the upper right-hand corner
4.) The drop down list will say "Account" - click that
5.) At the top left of the page, it'll list your name, your email & "Go to profile". Click "Go to profile".
6.) Your profile pic will be displayed on the upper left corner.
7.) Click "update photo".
8.) Next to your pic, you'll see the trash bin icon. Click that to remove your old photo
9.) Click the button that says "Upload a file from your computer"
10.) Upload your photo of choice
11.) There is no "save edits" button, but it will save your new photo and now everyone can see your gorgeous face! Enjoy!

I just did it. 

Editing your profile
If you want to edit your basic info, like your phone number, email address, or photo, then head to your profile. If you want to add any personal info like your emergency contacts, date of birth, or government ID, go to your Account settings.
It is very very easy to do once you're on your profile page. Underneath your current photo is a line about editing your photo. Click yes. I had a second photo on my page and just clicked on photo and dragged it over the existing photo & that was that.
Elaine835
Level 1
Lancashire, United Kingdom

Do I need to delete my old profile photo before I can upload a new one? Thanks