How do I handle the cleaning when I am hosting two different guests at the same time?

Adrienne174
Level 3
Ringgold, GA

How do I handle the cleaning when I am hosting two different guests at the same time?

I am new as a Abnb host and I am wondering how do I go about handling the cleaning especially bathroom when I am hosting two different guests at the same time. I live on premise however we love being on the go and leave guests giving them the experience of having the house to themselves. I noticed that as the guests used the bathroom particular the shower it’s need cleaning you clearly see a ring and hair left behind, I do not want the next guest having to shower or take a bath after a guest and clearly see the tub needs cleaning. Any ideas?

When I am hosting two different guest I will not leave to go about my business so I can get the bathroom cleaned if needed. I do not charge a cleaning fee FYI...

I am anal about my cleaning just like others (I clean myself no problem on my end to do it) however I do want to still have a life but I cannot figure out how to get it clean unless I have the guess do it.

Thanks

17 Replies 17
Lillian116
Level 1
Bolivia, NC

IF I WAS IN THAT SITUATION, I USUALLY DO NOT RENT BACK TO BACK. ITS TOO FRUSTRATING AND I WOULD BE TOO CONCERN IF I WOULD LEAVE THE HOME.  ITS BETTER TO RECD A GOOD REVIEW, AS OPPOSED TO A NEGATIVE ONE.  I AM TAKING A TRIP IN A FEW WEEKS, BUT I WILL NOT RENT THE SECOND FLOOR, UNTIL I RETURN. 

I ALREADY HAVE A GENTLEMAN, WHO IS ON THE FIRST FLOOR AND I LET HIM KNOW, HE WILL BE THE ONLY ONE ON THE PREMISES, UNTIL I RETURN.

I HAVE LUCKED OUT WITH RECEIVING, PROFESSIONAL, KIND AND WARMHEARTED PEOPLE.

There are several ways to handle bathroom cleaning between guests, without having to rely on guests to clean it themselves. Here are a few options you could consider:

1. Schedule cleaning time: Depending on your schedule and the check-in/check-out times of your guests, you could allocate some time to clean the bathroom before the next guest arrives.

2. Hire a cleaning service: If you are short on time or prefer to have a professional clean the bathroom, you could hire a local cleaning service to do the work for you.

3. Use quick-cleaning products: There are a variety of products available that can help you quickly clean the bathroom between guests, such as scrubbing foams and sprays that target specific areas like the shower or sink.

4. Provide cleaning supplies for guests: If you prefer to give guests some responsibility for cleaning, you could provide cleaning supplies like a scrub brush, cleaner, and towels, and ask them to clean the bathroom before they leave.

Remember, as an Airbnb host, providing a clean and hygienic space for guests is important to ensure a positive experience. By taking steps to quickly and efficiently clean the bathroom between guests, you can help maintain a high standard of cleanliness and comfort for all of your visitors. **

**[Link removed in line with the
Community Center Guidelines] - Please note that it is not allowed to advertise on the Community Center.

To handle cleaning when hosting two different guests at the same time, create a cleaning schedule that includes specific tasks for each guest's space, use color-coded cleaning supplies for each area, and communicate openly with your guests about your cleaning routine to ensure everyone's comfort and satisfaction.

**[Link removed/third party link mention removed - Community Center Guidelines