How do I stop Airbnb reminder emails to respond to booking requests after I've already responded?

Answered!
Jeanne842
Level 1
Walla Walla, WA

How do I stop Airbnb reminder emails to respond to booking requests after I've already responded?

I always respond to requests for bookings promptly, but even after I've responded, I get at least 4 or 5 emails from Airbnb to not forget to respond. The reminders have time deadlines and start to seem threatening, especially after I've already responded, and had at least one email conversation with the guest. How do you manage this?

1 Best Answer
Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Dear @Jeanne842 🌿

When you receive a booking request you always have to either accept nor decline the request. It is not enough to just reply to the guest’s message. If you get an inquiry aka they have used the ‘contact host’ link to message you - all you have to do is reply - you don’t have to neither press the pre-approve nor the decline button. But if it is an actual request it is important to either accept nor decline the request- otherwise you will continue getting those emails and it will hurt your stats as it is seen as if you ignore the guest’s request. Best, Sandra 

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Dear @Jeanne842 🌿

When you receive a booking request you always have to either accept nor decline the request. It is not enough to just reply to the guest’s message. If you get an inquiry aka they have used the ‘contact host’ link to message you - all you have to do is reply - you don’t have to neither press the pre-approve nor the decline button. But if it is an actual request it is important to either accept nor decline the request- otherwise you will continue getting those emails and it will hurt your stats as it is seen as if you ignore the guest’s request. Best, Sandra 

Thank you Sandra. I think I always do "accept" the request, in addition to sending a message to the guest. But perhaps I have skipped that step once or twice. It occurred to me that maybe another factor is causing the problem: I am listed as the Host, but the payouts from the guests go into my husband's PayPal account, because he was listed as the original host when we first opened our guest house. Last year, we changed it to me, since he really doesn't like using the computer very much, and I take care of all the booking and communication responsibilities. But maybe some of the extra reminders from Airbnb are actually addressed to him, and some to me, because both our names are on the account. And because of his aversion to the computer, all email addressed to him is automatically forwarded to me, so I get them all. H-m-m-m. We'll have to fix that! But I will be more careful in the future to always "Accept" before anything else. Thanks for your help!