How should I handle this reservation?

Answered!
Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

How should I handle this reservation?

This reservation was made some time ago and I have been in communication with the guest, the picture was of an older couple. They were coming for a birthday celebration.

Today it turns out that the birthday boy is 17 to turn 18, still 17 during the stay, dad created the account for him to use. He claims dad will be there with him. All this time I was talking to the son. The rest of the guests are 17. I require parent guardians to be at the house. This is primarily to avoid underage parties. If his dad will truly be there the whole night, it is good enough for me. Or is it not? Should I ask for permission slips? And make those permission slips really explicit- like I recognize that so and so will chaperone my child and will take on liability? Stick to my rules? Talk to the dad on the phone?

1 Best Answer
Emily487
Level 10
KCMO, MO

@Inna22 

Decline and report. This won't end well.

I met one family during check in because they couldn't figure out the lock box. Young adult woman, her mother, and her grandmother. They were very nice and wanted a gal's weekend. Except it wasn't...It was a 21st birthday party that we have to intervene on. Decline and report. 

View Best Answer in original post

19 Replies 19
Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

The dad just called me. He said he did not have consent from all the parents because they kids were not planning on telling them they would be doing this. He actually said it out loud!

Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Inna22 and you said...

@Mike-And-Helen0 I was speechless. I did gain my ability to speak back by the time Airbnb answered my call. Guest cancelled

Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Inna22 good call.

What did CS say?

@Mike-And-Helen0 not much of a discussion. They cancelled with no penalty to me. I am sure they are rehousing them to an unsuspecting host