“How to get inside” not visible for guests although published - HELP

Michael-Angelo0
Level 2
Oslo, Norway

“How to get inside” not visible for guests although published - HELP

Hi folks 😄

I’m a Superhost for 10 years in desperate need of help. Airbnb Support have shown to repeatedly be unable to fix the issue.

I have 3 listings in Norway.

My “How to get inside“ check-in instructions are not visible on 2 of 3 listings 🤦🏻‍

I’m desperately trying to reach someone that can help me, I even emailed Brian Chesky 

😂

Please someone help me, or put me in contact with someone high up that can help me.

Thanks ❤️

Michael Angelo Justiniano from Norway

In detail:

I am talking about this feature:
As a host: Airbnb app - Menu - x listings - select relevant listing - Check-in instructions
As a guest: Airbnb app - Trips - select relevant trip - How to get inside

The “How to get inside” shows a short explanation text the host has added, and is visible for the guest in the Airbnb mobile app after making a booking.

On that very same page, the stepwise instructions with pictures and text explanations are to appear under the aforementioned text when there is 48 hours or less until the guest’s stay, and they are to be visible during their entire stay.
I’ve put a lot of effort in making these instructions, making sure that checking in is a breeze for my guests. 

But the instructions do not appear for my guests.

See screenshots from guests below. The last screenshot shows how the instructions should appear.

It’s a technical bug. The instructions are added and published in the same way on all 3 listings. It’s great for both guests and me when they work, but makes hosting and checking in a hell when they don’t. 
I’ve tried to un- and re-publish, change the content, cross-check settings with the listing that works, and much more, but to no use.

I started getting a lot of questions lately from guests on the day of check-in, and I just explained how to find the instructions in the app. But they couldn’t, and later they have confirmed with screenshots that they can’t see the instructions.

The 2 affected listings are new from this year, so I’m starting to think that they never were visible ever since the beginning. The third listing is 5 years old, and is working fine ever since Airbnb introduced this feature many years ago.

Someone please help 😵

IMG_7992.jpeg

IMG_7991.jpeg

Skjermbil1.jpeg

IMG_03691.jpeg

IMG_7879.jpeg

IMG_7880.jpeg

6 Replies 6
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi there @Michael-Angelo0,  Check-in instructions are a crucial step in providing an excellent guest experience, so it's clear how this issue is affecting you.

Thank you for sharing all these details and screenshots; they will help the tech team in understanding what might be happening. Could you please share which device you've been using to access your account? If it's a mobile device,  is it iOS or Android? , in case is iOS, what version is it?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Hola Paula 😄

As a host:

Yes of course I’m using a mobile device and the Airbnb mobile app - because that’s the only device where I can add the check-in instructions. It’s not possible to add or edit instructions from the desktop version or mobile web version. I’m using iPhone 14 Pro Max with newest iOS 16.6.1 (and earlier versions ever since I created the two listings earlier this year). I’ve tried logging out and in, deleting and reinstalling the app and much more.

I can try to use my wife’s iPhone tomorrow, de-publish and re-publish the instructions, and ask a current guest if the instructions suddenly show up. But I highly doubt it, because any changes I make from my own phone to the instructions on that third listing where the instructions work are reflected and visible for the guests.

As a guest:

The guests are using whatever they’re using as their mobile phone, so the Airbnb mobile app on both iPhone and Android.

Hello, we are having the same issue for all of our listings.  Guests have shown us what shows up on their phones when they click on “Hoe to get inside”, and it usually is just a blank page, sometimes it will have just the lock box code, but no photos or other texts.  When we look at it in our app on an iPhone, it shows up fine.  

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Michael-Angelo0 I don't rely on the App.  Period.  I send my guest the check-in instructions via email before they are due to arrive and I ask that they acknowledge receiving the instructions by sending me a return message.  I also send the instructions via the AirBnB message system.  Just NOT the App.

Why? -- because we are in the mountains and phones don't always work out here until the guest has arrived and connected to the Wifi.  I just love the guest who thinks they know better and has to drive 4 miles back to the highway to get a signal to call me....

also...programmers do not always check their work.  

Thanks for your thoughts Lorna 😄

I do a lot of hosting on several listings, so I do not want to have to manually send instructions in any way.

On the listing where these instructions work, I’ve had several hundred guests during the years and not even one question or complaint regarding how to get there or to get inside.

Well, the app does actually say that the instructions are available without being connected to the Internet. Of course, that requires that they’ve opened the app recently so that the app stores this information locally.

See screenshot below of the confirmation one gets after publishing step-by-step instructions.

In English:

You are ready!
We will share your instructions with confirmed guests for their arrival. They can access them from their phone, even without a data plan.
You can change or remove check-in instructions at any time.

IMG_8053.png

Hi @Michael-Angelo0 

Yes...I am seeing the same problem.

You can actually add the Check-In Instructions under "Check-In Method" on a desktop now (prior to the Winter 2023 release, you could only do this on your phone). You add the photos in the "Check-in Method section of the Listing on a desktop computer. However, those photos do not appear to the guest in their Arrival Guide under "How to Get Inside". It's almost like Airbnb "forgot" to add this information somewhere in the Arrival Guide for Guests? Many Hosts were not even aware that they could add check-in instruction photos, so many were probably not using the feature and are not aware it's not working correctly.

It probably should be added under "Getting There" for Guests or "How to Get Inside?" It is a real issue and I'm happy to provide whatever information Airbnb would like including screen shots @Paula . Below is a screen shot showing the issue:

Host adds Check-in Photos to this section on Listing Page/Arrival Guide on Desktop OR Phone Now:

Joan2709_0-1710168000889.png

Guest Only sees the check-in method text; the photos are NOT  appearing to the guest as they should under the text:

Joan2709_1-1710169151884.png

Joan2709_2-1710169192667.png