I booked accommodation in Alkmaar Amsterdam. My payment of $AUD 598.48 has not been accepted

Answered!

I booked accommodation in Alkmaar Amsterdam. My payment of $AUD 598.48 has not been accepted

I booked accomodation in Alkmaar Amsterdam for 21st to 24th of April. I paid $aud598.48 I have no confirmation as to my acceptance.

Please let me knoe if my booking was successful asap.  I will be travelling in 4 days.

Christine ** Australia.

**[Personal details removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Christine3560 A few possibilities:

1) You have requested to book' on Airbnb. If the host doesnt get back to you within 24 hours then rescind your request and book elsewhere.

2) You instant booked on the platform in which case you will have received an Airbnb confirmation as soon as your payment is received unless they are awaiting ID confirmation.

3) You have booked on a scam platform purporting to be Airbnb. If so there is no booking and you should contact your bank to try and stop the payment

4) You dealt direct in which case it might be a scam but it is nothing to do with Airbnb.

I am afraid we need more info before we can try to help further.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3

@Christine3560  I’m curious as to what does your “personal” booking have to do with this platform. That sounds like something you need to take up with whomever you booked from and if your money was taken and you didn’t receive confirmation which seems impossible, you should contact Airbnb directly.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Christine3560 A few possibilities:

1) You have requested to book' on Airbnb. If the host doesnt get back to you within 24 hours then rescind your request and book elsewhere.

2) You instant booked on the platform in which case you will have received an Airbnb confirmation as soon as your payment is received unless they are awaiting ID confirmation.

3) You have booked on a scam platform purporting to be Airbnb. If so there is no booking and you should contact your bank to try and stop the payment

4) You dealt direct in which case it might be a scam but it is nothing to do with Airbnb.

I am afraid we need more info before we can try to help further.

Thank you for the information it has helped.

To date I have not had a charge on my account and I have had no message from the vendor.

I feel this is a mistake on my part.  For some reason I was interrupted by Air B&B while i

was trying to put a payment through by Paypal .  It all got very confusing and I guess I did

some error.  I decided to book another property.

Thanks again regards

Christine