Is it possible to upload a photo instruction for the guest?

Inna401
Level 2
La Gaulette, Mauritius

Is it possible to upload a photo instruction for the guest?

Hello hosts. Please tell me, maybe someone tried to solve the issue with a photo instruction for the convenience of the arrival guests? I have been hosting guests for 4 years now and still have not found a page where I could upload a file with photo instructions (any PDF, Word format) I have to manually send photo instructions to the guest every time in the messenger - this is very inconvenient. In technical support, they wrote to me that there is no such possibility on the Airbnb website. Is it so? perhaps someone has run into this problem?

9 Replies 9
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You can upload check in instructions on your listing with photos @Inna401 

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/1926

Inna401
Level 2
La Gaulette, Mauritius

Helen thank you for unswer. Yes, i can add information about check in in format Text,  but I'm looking for an opportunity to upload a photo instruction to explain with a photo step by step how to find us

Hi @Inna401 you can upload check in instructions with photos from mobile app (strangely it is available from pc) 😀

Hello Andrea. As far as I know, there is no such section on the site where I can upload a PDF file with photos inside and explanations on how to find us. Many who left a response to my message will agree with this. If you know where this can be done, please let me know. It will be very helpful

@Inna401   I have never found a satisfactory way to send my guests any information with pictures using the AirBnB website or message platform.

Once my guest is booked, I have to use the professional tools and the alias address of my guest to send a detailed message to the guest with the PDF files that they need -- one being my rental agreement which is required by NC law and the other being our Welcome Package PDF which has a driving map, turn by turn directions and other access information that the guest will need.

I copy the alias address from the AirBnB website into my business email to send the (again, legally required) PDFs.  I also send a message to the guest on the AirBnB platform telling them that I have sent the Welcome package from my business email and ask that they let me know that they received it.

I read somewhere recently that said that as of September 2023 the alias address via the professional tools will no longer be available -- I hope to *blank* that this is untrue, as I will have to leave AirBnB if I am unable to communicate with my guests and send them legally required documentation.

Inna401
Level 2
La Gaulette, Mauritius

A very sad situation. I also have to send pdf instructions to the guest's whatsapp so that he can figure out how to find us. This complicates the interaction with the client and lengthens the way of communication. On the booking site. who has had this for a long time. It would be great if Airbnb could do this.

Hi @Inna401 

Not sure if this is what you are referring to?....

You can attach an image (jpg) to a message by using the image icon at the bottom of the message. As far as I know, there is no way to send a document file (PDF) using the image icon (I've never tried). We do attach images to some of our messages if needed. Type your instructions in a message, then attach your image (s). We also use the (+) sign to add our Electronic Guidebook to messages. There is no way to store your images on Airbnb. We attach images from our laptops, or store images on our phone and attach to messages in the app.

Image Attach to Message.png

Hello! I've been sending images in the same way but now this image icon seems to have disappeared! Does anyone know what has happened?

Would it fit what you are looking for if you make the document available to download via any file sharing service on the internet, such as Google Drive, and share a link to that with guests?