Japan Customs declaration form requires a telephone number for the accommodation

Answered!
Albert2788
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Japan Customs declaration form requires a telephone number for the accommodation

Hi. I am travelling to Japan soon and trying to complete the entry requirements online.  The Customs form, Declaration of Personal Effects and Unaccompanied Articles, insists on a telephone number for my accommodation.  I do not have a number for them as part of the booking.  I cannot go any further with the application without this as it is a required field.  Can anyone advise me on how to get round it?

1 Best Answer
Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Albert2788 

Now that your booking is confirmed, you should be able to see your hosts telephone number appear under your reservation number but as @Andrea6232 has said, just ask your host and let them know why you need it.  If it is a requirement of the country, they must be used to this type of request.

Have a great time in Japan!

Joëlle

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Andrea6232
Level 10
Bergamo, Italy

Ciao @Albert2788 , ask the host for a telephone number 😉

Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Albert2788 

Now that your booking is confirmed, you should be able to see your hosts telephone number appear under your reservation number but as @Andrea6232 has said, just ask your host and let them know why you need it.  If it is a requirement of the country, they must be used to this type of request.

Have a great time in Japan!

Joëlle