Move guest from one listing to another

Answered!
Bernard23
Level 2
Castlebar, Ireland

Move guest from one listing to another

Hi all

I am fairly new to Airbnb and I have encountered an issue recently. If any of you have seen it before you might be able to advise me.

I have 2 listings - 2 rooms in the same house - I have a confirmed booking for one room for one night, I have a request from a guest wanting to book the same room for a few weeks, but the confirmed booking is right in the middle of requested booking. Can I move the confirmed booking to the other room using Airbnb system ??

It's just this confirmed booking is preventing other guest from making a reservation for that time period

Any advice would be appreciated - Thanks in advance

1 Best Answer
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Bernard23

You can go to the reservation, find change or cancel, then change, then find the second listing in the property drop-down menu, change to the relevant one and submit a change request to the guests.  

Before doing so, it would be best to contact the guests so that they are forewarned and ready to accept.  Also make sure that the price is correct if the rooms are priced differently.  

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Henry10
Level 2
Abingdon, United Kingdom

Similar question looking for support. 

I want to move the guest to another room for the same period but avoid Airbnb doubling up their fees.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Bernard23  It might be best to speak with Air BNB staff directly after you have communication on the Air BNB message system with the one night guest in which that guest is accepting of the change of rooms.  Anything you do to change the reservation from one listing to another will be a cancellation and the automated system will react automatically.  It seems that the only difference between the two rooms is one has two twin beds and the other has a double bed.  

@Henry10  Since you have the same issue, did you already speak with Air BNB?

Henry10
Level 2
Abingdon, United Kingdom

Hi Linda,

No I tried to find where to contact Airbnb but it directed me to the community - so I posted in this topic. 

Henry

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Henry10

All the ways of contacting Airbnb are clearly outlined in the CONTACT AIRBNB post at the top of this forum 🙂

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Bernard23

You can go to the reservation, find change or cancel, then change, then find the second listing in the property drop-down menu, change to the relevant one and submit a change request to the guests.  

Before doing so, it would be best to contact the guests so that they are forewarned and ready to accept.  Also make sure that the price is correct if the rooms are priced differently.  

It is an Alteration Request from the Change and Cancellation tag on the drop down box. But I hav been waiting over 8 hours for mine to be approved or otherwise. Shouldn't be a problem for you though Anne. Gill

I mean Bernard... :0)