My guests profile picture is of a plant pot.

Rebecca1746
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

My guests profile picture is of a plant pot.

I’ve recently had a few booking of groups of friends staying for the local festivals. (Parklife, Hide&Seek, Bluedot). These are mainly groups of  4 lads or 4 girls.   The main lead guest has a  profile pictures of a potted plant or a hedgehog -  their other  guest are anonymous. They have been on Abnb for many years but have either no reviews or just 1 very old one.  Their WhatsApp profile pics are also blank.  How am I supposed to know or check if these are suitable guests. They’re obviously fulfilling the ‘has profile pic’  so can instant book but what use is a picture of a plant pot to me?

They fit within the maximum guests but are using the sofa  to sleep on meaning I have to wash all the sofa covers and that takes out a day  .  
( there is a pull out bed and extra bedding but they don’t use this)!
Any ideas how I can check the guests  or make my listing more secure to avoid this kind of booking ? 

4 Replies 4
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Interesting dilemma, you list 2 bedrooms and even an extra bed but the guest wants to sleep in the living room? What is next, someone preferring to sleep in the closet? 😁

Choosing to show a plant vs. one's face is odd, true.  Only avenue that comes to mind is to somewhat insure you will be rent to more 'normal' people is - a requirement of past reviews.

Rebecca1746
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Hi Fred,

Thanks for replying -  I have 2 double beds - for 4 guests. The issues arise when 3 or 4 friends book and some of the party, not wanting to share the beds, sleep on the sofas.  In the interests of hygiene l I then have to wash all the sofa covers which are very large - it takes about 7 hours,.too long for a fast changeover.

The random profile pics of plant pots and hedgehogs just increases my anxiety of the booking. - but of course we dont see the pic until after we accept.  I have very little else to go on when there are no or one very old review. Just wondered what everyone else does - do you all ask for ID info ?

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You can tick the box on your listing to say you only accept guests with a clear profile photo @Rebecca1746 

Rebecca1746
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Hi Helen,

I already have the ' has profile picture' box ticked. ( I can't see the 'has clear profile picture' you mention )

- although i'm not sure how this would make a difference? -

because they do have a very clear profile picture - of a plant pot. !