Network error (connection): NetworkError when attempting to fetch resource.

Answered!
Tom3719
Level 1
Markham, Canada

Network error (connection): NetworkError when attempting to fetch resource.

Just did a random search and when i see an airbnb I click on it and then it gave me the error Network error (connection): NetworkError when attempting to fetch resource.

So I tried more and more and more and still doing the same thing.

Why is that?

1 Best Answer

Was failing for me with this error when I used Firefox. Tried with Edge and no problems - I was able to complete the booking.

View Best Answer in original post

21 Replies 21
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Tom3719, I'm sorry to hear about this. I couldn't directly find any issues with this. Would you be able to share a screenshot here by any chance?

Could you also share which browser you're using? 

Thanks!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Hey there for some odd reason it's NOW working properly. No errors at all. I didn't even do anything. I went on the website and did a random search for an airbnb and then i clicked on one and it actually showed me everything.

If this issue happens again i will show you a screenshot and all that.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for letting me know @Tom3719! Do let me know if it happens again 🙂 

Take care,

Quincy 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

I am experiencing this same error. It reports a network error when I log in on Firebox and a 500 when I click on any ad on Safari (on mac 12.3)

Same problem here !

On firefox 113.0.1

MAC BOOK PRO M1

Katie1404
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

i'm getting the same thing - it's been happening for weeks. but not with every single property! but once it starts, that's it for the day i think. firefox 109.0.1 (64-bit) on mac.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Katie1404@Eric6474 and @Daniel10630,

Thanks so much for sharing the details of your device. I am forwarding this information to the team so they can review whether this is a bug or if they can provide us with a solution.

I will keep you updated.

Paula

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Hey, I'm also having the same problem and I'm using my iphone to reserve my airbnb

Anka548
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Same issue.

Firefox 113.0.2
Apple M1

Really annoying. Moved to Chrome.

Was failing for me with this error when I used Firefox. Tried with Edge and no problems - I was able to complete the booking.

Eric6474
Level 2
Miami, FL

Same issue which I reported to the help desk early April, and was told just to clear my cache and restart the browser. Happens every 5 mintues and still 3 months later hasn't been fixed

Same issue as I reported months ago.

Mac OSX 12 Monterey
Firefox 115.0.2

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Eric6474 @Daniel10630 , One of our members @Anka548  below stated that they moved to Chrome. May be switching browsers can do the trick? Keep us posted if it works for you!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Should I also change my OS from Mac to Windows?

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

No no @Eric6474 ! I understand it can be a bit difficult to get past such errors and troubleshoot them.

You can download Chrome on your Mac OS by following these steps: open your current web browser (such as Firefox) and go to the Chrome website. Click the Download Chrome button and the Chrome browser will automatically begin downloading to your Mac.

If you still find issues accessing the Airbnb website after changing browsers, do let me know and I will make sure to send it over to the tech team for further advise. (Do share a screenshot with me if you happen to encounter the error again despite changing browsers and we can work on resolving it.)

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines