New Host. First Booking. Disrespectful Guest.

Laura7284
Level 2
Springfield, MO

New Host. First Booking. Disrespectful Guest.

I am not sure what to do. I've heard horror stories, and I know there's always a bad guest out there. I just wasn't prepared to have experienced a bad guest so soon. Last night was our first booking, and the guest kept disrespecting our property and our house rules. We rent out our private entrance basement, and ask that our guests be respectful between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m.. they were up all night being loud, they had broke the hot tub at 11:30 at night, proceeded to use it after I asked them not to. And now this morning as I am cleaning up and looking for any additional damages, I see that they had been smoking inside my property and inside the hot tub (which is inside) when I have it clearly stated in both the rulebook, and on my listing page not to smoke, that they can do so outside. Also telling them in person when they asked. I am not sure how to proceed with this situation, I'm hoping our next guest is a lot better. Definitely not a great first time. My question is, how do I go about leaving a review for the guest in regards to all of these issues?

1 Reply 1

Hello, My first experience wasn’t a great one either. I recommend being very honest with their review.  You will be asked by Airbnb to review them. And neither you or your guest can see the review until both have been submitted. Good luck.