New Host.

Martha1054
Level 1
Garden Grove, CA

New Host.

Hello everyone, my name is Martha. I would like to get your advice about being a host for the first time. I just created my account and I will be renting my house as Airbnb. 

5 Replies 5
Guy991
Level 10
Sintra, Portugal

Hello @Martha1054 ,

Welcome to the magnificent world of hosting.

Before you list your property, take the time to learn and draw conclusions. Read the host guides in the community (press the three horizontal lines at the top of the screen and scroll down to host guides).

Thoroughly check your nearest properties. Your potential guests will compare you to others. Look at the designs, amenities, pricing, check-in, check-out, and descriptions. Go through each one and take notes.

Also, check if you have any local regulations and registration requirements.

For any questions, use the search option in this community where you can find more ideas and practices. With time, you will have to find what works best for you.

All the best.

Deb216
Level 10
Newport, RI

@Martha1054,

Welcome to Airbnb!

I recommend changing your Check-In Time to 4:00 PM and your Check-Out Time to 10:00 AM (or similar).

OPEN or BLOCK dates on your calendar.  It appears as you have no dates OPEN for the entire year.

Also make sure your House Rules are clear. Feel free to look at my listing as a general example.

The more information you share, the better. 

Most importantly, make sure your own Homeowners Insurance company agrees to allow you to use the property as an Airbnb.

Wishing you success! 

Thanks for your advice. It's such a great help. I'm working hard to learn how to do it right.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hey @Martha1054 👋

Welcome to the Community Center and congratulations on becoming a Host! How have you found it so far? Have you taken any of the advice from the Hosts below? 

It'd be great to hear how you're getting on and to hear more about your recent journey! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Martha1054 , you are aware the City of Garden Grove prohibits short term rentals in residential area (since 2019). 

Hoping no one reports your listing/property to code enforcement. 

Best--