No review

Answered!

No review

This may seem like no problem, but I’d like some advice. Our second guest ever hasn’t left a review after 2 weeks, although my co-host (property manager) asked twice. She told us it was her birthday so we left a bottle of champagne for her. Every request was met, including early check-in and a list of restaurants , beaches, etc that met her requirements.  She had no complaints and my co-host gave her a 5-star review. She left the house spotless.  Our first guest left a 5-star review. As a newbie to AirBnb host I don’t know how common it is for people to ghost you on reviews. As the owner, should I ask her again?

1 Best Answer
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@René389   Relax.  About 50% of my guests do not leave reviews on the platform.  I have no issue with this as the review process that the guest goes through is fairly lengthy and takes quite a bit of time to complete.  I do get some lovely notes in my guestbook.

I leave my review of the guest as soon as housekeeping and I have cleaned and noted any issues.  This generates a note to the guest that they have been reviewed and may prompt them to begin their review.  However, AirBnB emails (and they get quite a lot) may be ignored by the guest as their booking is complete and they have moved on with their lives.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Nur785
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

Hi @Rene389 

I found out that it happens quite a bit. I've had guests who wrote me really sweet hand written thank you notes and still did not leave a review. They've sent wonderful text messages, but did not leave a review after asking twice. 

I've estimated 20-25% of the guests will not write reviews for whatever reason. If you've already asked twice, let it go, and look forward to new guests. If you push it, you will risk her to leave a review that is nit picking. 

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@René389  If it has already been two weeks, then it's too late for her to leave a review. Sometimes guests just don't, and you have to accept that. I understand that you're new and need reviews, but it's really best not to ask. Guests get reminders sent by AirBnB, so if they're going to leave a review, they have plenty of opportunity.

I never ever ask for a review- I'm operating on the "be careful what you ask for" principal. I'm sure you'll get some lovely, future guests who will leave you glowing reviews. Cheers, Kia 

Flavia202
Level 10
Kingston, Jamaica

@René389 - I've had some guests who said they enjoyed the place but did not leave a review (for my other place/no longer listed) and 1 guest for my current listing.

If they book again I'll turn them down, cause they'd probably do the same thing.

Just move on. You'll get lots of guests who'll give you lovely reviews.  Best wishes.

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@René389   Relax.  About 50% of my guests do not leave reviews on the platform.  I have no issue with this as the review process that the guest goes through is fairly lengthy and takes quite a bit of time to complete.  I do get some lovely notes in my guestbook.

I leave my review of the guest as soon as housekeeping and I have cleaned and noted any issues.  This generates a note to the guest that they have been reviewed and may prompt them to begin their review.  However, AirBnB emails (and they get quite a lot) may be ignored by the guest as their booking is complete and they have moved on with their lives.