Occasional extra guests

Carmen802
Level 3
London, United Kingdom

Occasional extra guests

I Iive in my home and Airbnb 2 rooms for long term lettings of 5-6 months.

I am hosting  a guest until May 23. They would like to have friends come to visit for the weekend throughout their stay.   They are saying that they will be away for some of the time that they are staying with me, so it is unreasonable to charge a surcharge when their friends come to stay. Your thoughts please. My prices are set on one person staying.

8 Replies 8
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Carmen802 

I think firstly you need to decide if you are comfortable having their friends come to stay in your home.  It's not clear from your post is this every weekend? How many friends want to stay. @Carmen802 

I am a homeshare host and have never had this request from a guest in six years of hosting.

If it was for one weekend and it was one additional guest I would consider it, but not for multiple guests every weekend.

I think it's really cheekly to tell you, you shouldn't for charge additional guests because they are choosing to stay elsewhere sometimes - their stuff is obviously still there and you can't re-let to anyone else so there is no reason to take this into account.

I would decline their request on this basis.  @Carmen802 

Carmen802
Level 3
London, United Kingdom

Thank you. They will be having guest maybe once a month.  

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Sorry @Carmen802  your reply is not terribly clear. 

How many guests do you have staying. You say your listings are set up as single rooms, but then talk about 'they'.

How many guests are staying with you? In how many rooms? How many people do they want to have stay.

If your prices are only set for one person per room, then just confirm their friends will need to stay elsewhere as your listings are only set up for one person to stay in each room.

Carmen802
Level 3
London, United Kingdom

Thank.you for your time. The room is priced for one occupant. The person I am hosting wants her friend to stay with her in the room, the same room.  

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

In which case just say your listing is only set up for one person and suggest her friend books in at a local airbnb  @Carmen802 

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

'They' are already being highly accommodated, since the price is set for a one-person stay.

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

Do you ask your landlord to reduce the rent during your holiday trip?

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Carmen802     Mmmmmm, No.  One bed, one registered guest.