PLEASE Bring Back Superhost Filter

Answered!
Nicole3399
Level 1
Lakewood, OH

PLEASE Bring Back Superhost Filter

I tried searching for vacation lodging by Superhost today only to find out that the option has been removed!! This is awful and outrageous. The Superhost designation is what made me feel safe and secure in booking through Air BnB. Without this level of comfort I will no longer have the peace of mind to book through this app. PLEASE reinstate the Superhost option ASAP.

1 Best Answer
Breanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing your feedback @Nicole3399 

Although we’ve simplified some of our search filters and added a new Guest Favorites filter to help guests find some of the most-loved homes on the platform, Guests will still be able to see whether their Host is a Superhost on the listing page. Today, nearly two-thirds of Guest Favorites come from Superhosts.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

9 Replies 9
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Nicole3399 Lots of people are upset about this. The designation still exists so you should be able to still find Superhosts - it will just be harder to do.

Many guests says the same. This filter was also a reward for beeing a superhost, promised by Airbnb ewerytime they renewed the superhost status.  And they just removed it without informing superhosts or guests.  Now it's not important to be a dedicated superhost anymore. What will be the result? More people choosing hotels? After 10 years as a superhost I have learned that Airbnb has no respect what' so ever for hosts . They can behave like that since they are so big, but that kind of moral and business ethics will never pay off in the long term.

I received this  from AIRBNB last time I got a superhost renewal.

Now it's time to celebrate! Your new Superhost rewards include:

Profile icon
A trusted symbol of hospitality shown to guests across the site

Search filter
A dedicated search filter allows users to narrow their search results to Superhosts

Extra benefits
Access to exclusive services, events, and more

Breanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing your feedback @Nicole3399 

Although we’ve simplified some of our search filters and added a new Guest Favorites filter to help guests find some of the most-loved homes on the platform, Guests will still be able to see whether their Host is a Superhost on the listing page. Today, nearly two-thirds of Guest Favorites come from Superhosts.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

This does not answer why Airbnb has removed the Superhost function on Airbnb @Breanna

If Airbnb values SHs as much as it says it does - then why is it blocking guests from being able to search for SHs?

Instead guests are offering a weakened down version in terms of 'Guests Favourites' where many of the hosts featured have listings falling way below minimum standards for being a guest favourite.

By simplified I am assuming you mean removed??

As you know it's completely pointless Airbnb saying you can see a hosts SH on their profile - how are you meant to find that profile Breanna. Airbnb has removed my SH view on my listing and it's been replaced by the Guest Favourite.

As hosts have worked hard to get their SH status why can't we be recognised as both a SH and a Guest Favourite where applicable.

Oguzhan3
Level 2
Amsterdam, Netherlands

You won't get any satisfactory answer on this simple question. Airbnb has a typical American way of approach; top-down. They do whatever they want to do. 

I am a super host and feel completely betrayed by Airbnb. I have worked extremely hard over the years to achieve 5 star ratings and have always maintained my super host status. I know of hosts in my area who put barely any effort into their properties and subsequently have few bookings yet they have been awarded this guest favourite status as have I !! What a joke, it is not reflective of my business and is completely misleading to guests, I have suddenly seen a slump in bookings and this is why. Airbnb should listen to the guests and hosts who are all fuming. I shall be removing my property from Airbnb as a result of this complete farce. 

Vincent1378
Level 2
Ottawa, Canada

I totally agree with this. Please bring back the Superhost filter. The new guest favorite filter is not equivalent at all!

Oguzhan3
Level 2
Amsterdam, Netherlands

I finally found out why I have no bookings anymore since November 2023; the very much appreciated and valuable superhost filter has been removed! I've literally ZERO bookings although my viewings are average. I might give up being  a host, this is ridiculous.

I totally agree, I am absolutely fuming. I have gone from constant bookings to zero bookings.  I have worked so hard and to go to this will literally ruin my business. I am going to be forced to remove my property and give up being a host. I feel completely betrayed by Airbnb and wonder who on earth this benefits. Certainly not the guest or the host.