Phone verification failure

Answered!

Phone verification failure

Trying to verify my phone number but system prevents by stating already in use. I receive the codes but it won’t go through so can’t book reservation. Times me out for 24 hours, and under profile editing does the same by stating my phone is already in use?? Help please. 

1 Best Answer

Hi Jenny,

I was able to figure out I mistakenly created a new account where my phone was still linked to the original act. Easy resolve, thank you for your help. 

Susan 

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Susan4927 

Is it possible that you've already got an Airbnb account already set up?

This happened to me a while ago, when I tried to make a booking, and it's because I'd forgotten about an old account that I set up years ago but never used.  I logged into the old account and deleted it and was then able to update my phone number to my correct account.

If you need more help with this I recommend getting in touch with Airbnb by clicking this link and scrolling to the bottom, where you'll see a black box with a "contact us" button.

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi Jenny,

I was able to figure out I mistakenly created a new account where my phone was still linked to the original act. Easy resolve, thank you for your help. 

Susan