Poor Airbnb support

Nick2677
Level 2
Killara, Australia

Poor Airbnb support

Just had the worst holiday experience with an Airbnb. Little support was provided by Airbnb.

We arrived at the property after a 24 hour international flight.

there was no running water.

We couldn’t have a drink or have a shower the host kept saying they were following up but did nothing to fix the issue or keep us informed.

we stayed with friends for the first night. We are a family of 4 including our 2 and 4 year old daughters traveling from Tokyo to see our friends and family in Melbourne. 

I returned to the property to get clean clothes to discover the water working.

the next day the water stopped once again. 

The host once again did little to fix the issue.

We left the property and stayed with friends which was an inconvenience for all.

As we were on a family holiday I elected to focus on my family than chasing up Airbnb. 
when I did on the last second last day the host only offered a refund on the last night. 

When I asked Airbnb for support I was passed around different people who kept asking me the same questions over and over. 
They finally just issued a refund of 20% for the two affected days.

When I try to dispute they kept quoting their policy which feels like it is geared for the host.

That part of our holiday was ruined and here I am writing this on the next leg.

Has anyone had success dealing with Airbnb about issues like this and how did you get it resolved?

1 Reply 1
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Nick2677 most hosts think compensation is awarded unfairly to guests so at least your post redresses the balance somewhat.

I wonder if it was a hosting company with many listings or an individual host. Maybe Airbnb favours the big guys