Poor Guests

Answered!
Diana2435
Level 1
Oshawa, Canada

Poor Guests

Hey there. I have a few questions… I recently had a renter that was very loud and knocked on the neighbors doors. They had good reviews when they booked. How should I respond? I was going to reach out to them privately before I write a review. I’m concerned about them responding with a bad review on the listing. This is only my second booking, so I’m trying to not get discouraged. I have another booking later this week that has no reviews, so now I’m concerned.

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Diana2435 A few thoughts

1) Don't reach out to a guest before leaving a review as this may encourage them to leave you a bad review. Reviews are blind so leaving an HONEST review will not get you a bad one in return.

2) If you don't leave an honest review for guests then you have no right to think the review system will save you from getting poor guests.

3) The zero review guest you have coming is probably equally worried they have booked a place with no track record. We have many guests new to Airbnb and find them no better or worse than experienced guests.

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Is it by mistake they knocked on the neighbor's door? Besides being loud any other issue worth mentioning? The guest did have good reviews, so maybe exercising a bit of philosophical tolerance is in order on your part. As to the next guest having no reviews, it could go either way especially because of the fact they are also new like yourself, maybe best to keep fingers crossed till further notice. 😎

Thanks for the response. Being new to this, I’m still trying to find my way. I appreciate the help and constructive feedback. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Diana2435 A few thoughts

1) Don't reach out to a guest before leaving a review as this may encourage them to leave you a bad review. Reviews are blind so leaving an HONEST review will not get you a bad one in return.

2) If you don't leave an honest review for guests then you have no right to think the review system will save you from getting poor guests.

3) The zero review guest you have coming is probably equally worried they have booked a place with no track record. We have many guests new to Airbnb and find them no better or worse than experienced guests.

Thanks so much for the feedback. It helps to have others perspectives.

All true, it's the first thing I do is to rate and give all my guest a review. Ive had a good success with it. There are a few that just will not review for what ever reason. I kindly ask for a review of the services and explain the importance of doing so. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Diana2435 

It's really worth you familiarising yourself with how Airbnb works  through the Airbnb Help website which has FAQs on all the basics of managing your STR business on Airbnb.

When you read up on Airbnb reviews you will see they are left blind so the guest won't know what you have said until both reviews are published.  Just leave an honest review.  Why would you contact a guest to warn them?

Why did your guests knock on your neighbours doors. What did they say when you raised this issue with them at the time.

Please ask guests vetting questions as part of your vetting process to ensure they are a good fit for your listing.