Price increase after confirmation, for warm weather period.

Answered!
John8128
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Price increase after confirmation, for warm weather period.

Is this allowed and or fair. 

1 Best Answer

@John8128, John I'm glad its all sorted now and I can understand you didnt want issues but now you have a cancellation recorded against you. Please contact Airbnb and ask them to make it penalty free as really the host should have been forced to cancel if they wanted more money (which Airbnb knows, that's why they are trying to stamp this out with host penalties).

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@John8128 No its not allowed. Have you actually paid for the original booking? If so then the host should honour this.

Thanks for the reply. I could of held him to it but it would of been uncomfortable for our group. So I cancelled it. He was trying it on. We are sorted now. 

@John8128  You should report the host to AirBnB. It's not allowed. 

@John8128, John I'm glad its all sorted now and I can understand you didnt want issues but now you have a cancellation recorded against you. Please contact Airbnb and ask them to make it penalty free as really the host should have been forced to cancel if they wanted more money (which Airbnb knows, that's why they are trying to stamp this out with host penalties).

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @John8128 👋

Did any of the answers below help you resolve the issue? If so, it's always a lovely gesture to mark it as the best answer. It's like a big virtual hug to the member who supported you but also to support other members who may have similar questions in the future. 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines