Problem with payment method for refund

Answered!
Alexandra1675
Level 1
Pireas, Greece

Problem with payment method for refund

Hi,

I just cancelled my reservation and saw that a refund has been issued. However the method that I used ( credit card) to book the accommodation has been cancelled because my credit card was stolen. Has the reimbursement gone through and if not can I provide my new card details for my refund to be issued? Thanks! 

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Alexandra1675 call your bank and ask them what will happen. There is every chance the bank will correctly apply the refund to your new card. If not they will tell you what to do.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If you didn't advise Airbnb before cancelling the credit card was no longer in use then they would return any refund to the card you booked with. Give them a call @Alexandra1675 

Yes I didn't advise airbnb before cancelling. Where would I give them a call? I can't seem to find the right number. Thanks

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Alexandra1675, I'm sorry to hear about this. Did you manage to get in touch with Airbnb? Here's a link to our contact Airbnb guide https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Airbnb-updates/Guide-How-to-contact-Airbnb/m-p/1523731#M335451

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Alexandra1675 call your bank and ask them what will happen. There is every chance the bank will correctly apply the refund to your new card. If not they will tell you what to do.