Problems connecting Guest bank account

Elizabeth-Anne6
Level 2
Durban, South Africa

Problems connecting Guest bank account

I have tried twice to connect my bank account to Airbnb through Stripe, however, the system does not work. The other problem is that a guest can only try to connect their bank to Airbnb when a host sends them a discount. I have lost out on $42 because Airbnb's system is not working properly. I contacted the executive team and they say they are investigating, but are refusing to give me a coupon for $42.

I think Airbnb needs to offer an option to add a bank account as a payment method anytime. Airbnb needs to have a team trained to give support and make sure the system works before adding a service. If your system does not work and a guest is losing money then the guest should be compensated. I have wasted hours of my time trying to make their system work. I believe that they can at least give me a coupon for the money that I was able to obtain. Has anyone else had problems connecting a Guest bank account?

1 Reply 1
Corinne994
Level 1
Meyersdale, PA

I have been having this issue as well. I've gone around in circles with Airbnb Support for over a week. My discount is upwards of $558 and I can't afford to lose out on it because Airbnb can't figure out how to sync the bank account. I have tried different browsers, different bank accounts, logging in and back out, but I constantly get the error that "there was an error adding your payment method. Check the information you entered and try again." Everything with stripe works, and I can see the bank account numbers and the amounts in each account. But when the page refreshes, I still get the error. Airbnb keeps telling me to contact my banks, which I have, and they say there is no issue on their end. This is beyond frustrating.