Property type

Answered!
Kathy1415
Level 1
New Lowell, Canada

Property type

where it’s says property type it only gives me the option to put entire house.

is there anyway I can customize it and say entire basement or lower above the house. I also have it in my description. It is the lower part of the house, but people tend not to read the whole thing. They just see entire house in property type

1 Best Answer

Hi @Kathy1415 

Most Hosts list this as a Guest Suite or Apartment NOT an entire home. No matter what you put in the description it will cause issues if the guests see "Entire Home". Be sure to indicate ALL shared spaces like driveway, exterior spaces like yard, deck, patio, etc.

The Subtitle will read "Entire Guest Suite" or "Entire Apartment":

Joan2709_0-1709230686273.png

Property Type Guest Suite (2).png

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hey @Kathy1415 👋

I wondered if you had managed to find a way to customise your listing yet? 

@Helen3, I understand you're a home share host - is there a way to correctly list this type of property? Thank you so much for any advice in advance. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Deb216
Level 10
Newport, RI

@Kathy1415,  I am not an Airbnb employee, I'm another host.  Your question got my attention, and it is indeed a good question!   I tried to search airbnb as if I was a Guest looking for a place to stay that was NOT an entire house and NOT an apartment and NOT a room only.  

Here's an example I found for you (click on link below).  I think she listed her place as a ROOM then specified more detail in her TITLE.   We have to think outside the box.  Good luck!

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/35467069?check_in=2024-03-01&check_out=2024-03-06&guests=1&adults=1&s=6...

Hi @Kathy1415 

Most Hosts list this as a Guest Suite or Apartment NOT an entire home. No matter what you put in the description it will cause issues if the guests see "Entire Home". Be sure to indicate ALL shared spaces like driveway, exterior spaces like yard, deck, patio, etc.

The Subtitle will read "Entire Guest Suite" or "Entire Apartment":

Joan2709_0-1709230686273.png

Property Type Guest Suite (2).png