Rare Find Badge

Misty43
Level 4
Burbank, CA

Rare Find Badge

Anyone know exactly how the rare find badge works? I had it once. It was a busy month but not the busiest. I am on Airbnb and VRBO. I'm concerned that when I'm booked on VRBO that maybe Airbnb isn't recognizing actual bookings but treats it like I'm just blocking days off? I had a 3 month VRBO stay and my Airbnb didn't trigger the rare find so I'm kind of not seeing how and why the

badge truly gets assigned. I've read all I could on Airbnb but it sounds kinda random. Love to know from my fellow hosts your thoughts so I can make this a realistic goal to acheive, thanks! 

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Rare finds relate to how booked up you are on Airbnb @Misty43 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Misty43,

The "Rare Find" tag is a marketing tool designed to make your listing stand out in users' searches. It signifies that your listing is typically booked more frequently than others in the area, making it likely to be popular with guests.

This tag will appear alongside other quality-related tags, such as Superhost. It will show up in All Homes searches but not in Category searches.

I hope this helps!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Misty43  When you have bookings on VRBO, AirBnB has no idea why your calendar is blocked, so of course they don't recognize it as a booking. Even if they knew you were booked elsewhere, why would they give you credit for bookings on another platform? 

Rare Find isn't a badge. It should show or not show depending on how booked (or not) a property is. It will come and go related to how full your calendar is, so it is kinda random (but not really).

If you really think about it, it's another manipulation by AirBnB, to keep hosts on this platform exclusively. But as long as you're booked- on any platform- it shouldn't really matter if you have that or not.