Reached the max confirmation attempts

Answered!
Галина0
Level 1
Popovo, Bulgaria

Reached the max confirmation attempts

Hi. I have reached the maximum number of attempts to verify my phone number and cannot book a place. The message says "You've reached the maximum number of phone verification attempts for this account. Sorry about that. Please try again later." Can someone help?

1 Best Answer

Solved! You how two options.

1: Wait 24 hours ( or more) for the website to reset your attempts. Not recommended because who knows how long you may have to wait, or that you have the luxury of waiting.

2: Use a different number.

Click on your profile picture and go to personal information. From there enter a different number. I simply went and created a google voice number ( took 3 minutes) and then I used that number, the conformation text came right through and I was able to get into my account. I think you can go back and add another number later, but this method works.

Enjoy

Fillip  

View Best Answer in original post

47 Replies 47
Marcelo884
Level 2
Rio Rancho, NM

@Airbnb has anyone bothered to address this issue?  This happened to me today, while trying to book something starting tomorrow.  I tried 3 different numbers, and the verification code failed each time.  Seems like everyone here is having these same issues with 2 factor authentication, and clearly there is a flaw in your booking process.  Waiting 24 hours is not a suitable option in most cases.  

Robbie122
Level 1
Piney Flats, TN

No, the Google voice thingy, doesn’t work either. Air BnB had become such a POS.

So does anyone know if in exactly 24 hours it worked or not? because here I am 23 hours in