Reached the max confirmation attempts

Answered!
Галина0
Level 1
Popovo, Bulgaria

Reached the max confirmation attempts

Hi. I have reached the maximum number of attempts to verify my phone number and cannot book a place. The message says "You've reached the maximum number of phone verification attempts for this account. Sorry about that. Please try again later." Can someone help?

1 Best Answer

Solved! You how two options.

1: Wait 24 hours ( or more) for the website to reset your attempts. Not recommended because who knows how long you may have to wait, or that you have the luxury of waiting.

2: Use a different number.

Click on your profile picture and go to personal information. From there enter a different number. I simply went and created a google voice number ( took 3 minutes) and then I used that number, the conformation text came right through and I was able to get into my account. I think you can go back and add another number later, but this method works.

Enjoy

Fillip  

View Best Answer in original post

47 Replies 47

@Галина0 - please make sure you are following the correct process: 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/277/how-do-i-verify-my-phone-number

If you still need to contact Airbnb, go to the Tips and Tutorials Discussion Board and find the Contact Airbnb tutorial in the table of contents. 

Answer doesn’t really help..

i can't imagine how many people are losing bookings because of this error....i'm fed up and will probably not use airbnb again because of this message. 4 hours later and I still get the same message 😞

Same i am so annoyed i I lost out on the spot i wanted for my boyfriend and i. I hate air bnb.

Rhonda67
Level 3
Calgary, Canada

This is a TERRIBLE answer.  Nothing about how to reset your phone number attempts, nor when "later" will be when it asks to try again "later".  Did you even read this woman's question?  Because it's mine too...

Richard921
Level 2
Goshen, MA

when a custmer had a issue they contacted me and made sure to keep their number in my i phone .

I have the same problem. I am still in the middle of nowhere and have no place to stay. I can not book because of this bulls***

Same problem here

same problem 19 hours and waiting. 

Jackson65
Level 1
Perth, Australia

I had the same issue yesterday and messaged AirBnB support. They said wait 24 hours before trying again. This worked fine.

Keyti0
Level 1
Caloocan, Philippines

I have the same problem. Oh God what shall I do? I will be travelling soon.

Solved! You how two options.

1: Wait 24 hours ( or more) for the website to reset your attempts. Not recommended because who knows how long you may have to wait, or that you have the luxury of waiting.

2: Use a different number.

Click on your profile picture and go to personal information. From there enter a different number. I simply went and created a google voice number ( took 3 minutes) and then I used that number, the conformation text came right through and I was able to get into my account. I think you can go back and add another number later, but this method works.

Enjoy

Fillip  

I still got the same too many attempts error when I did this.

This only works if you are in the United States. Google Voice is only available in the US. This answer is of no use to people living elsewhere, like me.