Rebooking

Answered!
Raj993
Level 2
Surrey, Canada

Rebooking

I recently cancelled a booking and was not able to get a refund (only paid a portion of the amount) as the 48 hours had passed. I now want to rebook the same place. How does that work with rebooking? Can I send the remaining amount in September as mentioned the first time I booked? Or will I get charged the full amount again? 

1 Best Answer
Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Raj993 I doubt that very much. Each booking is different . If at the time of cancellation you requested a date change then this could have occurred by talking to the host but as the money was not returned I imagine as it was due to the current cancellation policy of the host , whatever it was. Please check the cancellation policy provided by the host before booking. the host by the way may not wish to host you again if you cancel for no reason ... H

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Raj993 I doubt that very much. Each booking is different . If at the time of cancellation you requested a date change then this could have occurred by talking to the host but as the money was not returned I imagine as it was due to the current cancellation policy of the host , whatever it was. Please check the cancellation policy provided by the host before booking. the host by the way may not wish to host you again if you cancel for no reason ... H

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Raj993 

I was just wondering, in line with @Helen744 's reply, have you reached out to the Host directly about your cancellation or rebooking?

Feel free to pop back and let us know how things go, and thanks to @Helen744 for sharing their wisdom.

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines