Refunding a guest

Answered!
Katerina434
Level 2
Nicosia, Cyprus

Refunding a guest

Good evening and happy new year to all.

I would like to send a refund to a guest who had to undergo some unforeseen trouble in my apartment. Can you tell me what the best way is to send a refund based on your experience (resolution center or send money)? Also, should I get AirCover involved?

I will appreciate your opinion.

1 Best Answer

Hi @Katerina434 to issue a refund to your guest on Airbnb, the best way is to use Airbnb's Resolution Center. This is a dedicated platform provided by Airbnb for hosts and guests to resolve issues related to their stay. Access the Resolution Center on the Airbnb website or app. In the Resolution Center, you'll have options to either request money or send money. In your case, you'll choose to send money to the guest. Enter the amount you wish to refund and provide a clear reason for the refund. This is beneficial for both record-keeping and transparency with your guest. Hope this helps! 

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Katerina434 Always use the resolution centre and never send money direct. Why would Aircover be involved?

Thank you @Mike-And-Jane0 

In my question I meant the Send Money Feature in the Reservation Box but I just realized that when you go via the Resolution Centre you get the same Send Money button. Yes, I agree we should not send money to guests directly.

Thanks again.

Hello @Katerina434 

I've used the send money feature attached to the Reservation number of my guests.

Hi @Katerina434 to issue a refund to your guest on Airbnb, the best way is to use Airbnb's Resolution Center. This is a dedicated platform provided by Airbnb for hosts and guests to resolve issues related to their stay. Access the Resolution Center on the Airbnb website or app. In the Resolution Center, you'll have options to either request money or send money. In your case, you'll choose to send money to the guest. Enter the amount you wish to refund and provide a clear reason for the refund. This is beneficial for both record-keeping and transparency with your guest. Hope this helps! 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hey @Katerina434

You've got some great answers from other Hosts here.  Did any of them help you to move forward with your guests refund? If so, it's always a lovely gesture to mark it as the best answer. It's like a big virtual hug to the member who supported you. 😊

If you need any help, we're here to support. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi Rebecca!

I have got the answer to my question from many of you and I appreciate it a lot.
Thank you very much to all! 

Best Regards!