Remotelock integrated lock system

Answered!
Van-and-Leigh0
Level 2
East Lansing, MI

Remotelock integrated lock system

We have been using Remotelock integrated with airbnb for about 3 years to manage our 10 listings, and been overall happy with the experience.  Today we got an email saying the are eliminating our pricing plan and have to switch to one of the others.  In order to retain some of the key features we use we need their “Enterprise package”, which is going to more than double our rates from around $70 to $140 per month.  So question is 1.  Is anyone using remote lock and have you or would send them an email protesting this change.  2.  What other integrated lock systems are out there, did some googling but couldn’t really find anything.  Appreciate any input. 

1 Best Answer
Breanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

Smart locks have definitely been a hot topic on the community of late @Van-and-Leigh0.

You might find these discussions helpful >> here and here.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Breanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

Smart locks have definitely been a hot topic on the community of late @Van-and-Leigh0.

You might find these discussions helpful >> here and here.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Jarrett0
Level 2
Calhoun, GA

Also searching for a replacement for RemoteLock after similar price shock of 400% increase and the need to go with Enterprise.  Please post back here if you find a good replacement with integration for multiple properties and multiple lock types.

I also can't get in touch with anyone at RemoteLock to complain.  If you have luck, please post here on how you were able to reach someone.  I'd be willing to pay 40% more, but 400% is crazy.

Seems they no longer have a customer service department. I have been trying to get ahold of someone at Remotelock for over a week- zero response to calls, emails, Twitter callouts, or a ticket created on the website.  Its amazing how bad they are.  Will be switching to one of their competitors.

Whitney263
Level 1
Saugatuck, MI

Hi Van, did you find a replacement for Remote lock? I have one listing now but we are looking to add 2 more soon and do not want to pay those insane fees! Thank you in advance.

@Whitney263 Yale has a native integration that we tried a couple of but weren’t happy with the integration. Major Problems being it only gave out a 6 digit code, would not allow one code to operate multiple door (we have a multi unit with common entrance doors) so guests would have to manage multiple 6 digit code, and the automated message was too long and awkward and not editable.  Also they didn’t give you battery level, only told you once the reached 20%. That aside I actually like the hardware better then locks we get from remote lock, but in the end we are still begrudgingly with remote lock.  There are some channel managers that have lock integration I know, but I don’t think any of them are much if any cheaper.  We have 11 units utilizing 16 locks and can’t imagine doing it manually.   Perhaps the issues we had with Yale wouldn’t be as much of an issue for you depending on your setup. Good luck.