Reporting inappropriate guest behaviour

Answered!
Louisa-And-Mark0
Level 2
Bristol, United Kingdom

Reporting inappropriate guest behaviour

Hi

Please could someone tell me what the Airbnb process is after reporting a guest for inappropriate behaviour - I have seen the message that hosts will not be informed of outcome but I would still like to know what the process is?

Many thanks

1 Best Answer

@Louisa-And-Mark0

This is outrageous. I too am a Bristol host and wouldn't want this guy to be able to stay with me. (If you want to message me his details I would be very grateful in case he tries to book with me).

Unfortunately the 'report this guest' does little unless they receive multiple flags.

You need to call Airbnb now and ask them why they are allowing him to continue to be a guest when he represents a risk to hosts personal security after you flagged this to them.

I wonder if the guest was either drunk or sleep walking. What did he say when you confronted him?

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Louisa-And-Mark0

As you say Airbnb have told you, you won't be informed of the outcome, so therefore there isn't a process.

Out of interest, what was inappropriate about the guest's behaviour that led to you reporting them?

Hi Helen, thanks for responding. By process, I meant Airbnb's policy I suppose, the guidelines and time frame they work to when they receive a notification from a host of inappropriate behavior? 

Do they communicate the concern to the guest, do they ask for clarification, do they do this within a timeframe..?

On what basis would they ban someone from using Airbnb if at all...?

Amy864
Level 2
Vevay, IN

Have you had any luck in finding a process for reporting inappropriate behavior?  I was told to leave it in the review but due to the guest counseling when I told him his behavior was inappropriate I don’t have the option of reviewing him.  I have screenshots of the text messages where he was making inappropriate advances, as I have video of the room where he had lied about why he canceled saying that I had mice.  I tried reporting it to Airbnb and nobody responded I even blocked a few days on my calendar in case they needed more pictures.  I hadn’t heard anything back from Airbnb and forgot to extend my Block days and somebody booked.  That instantly canceled my report when they hadn’t even read it. 

I don’t believe they want guests out there that are making sexual advances at women. 

Louisa-And-Mark0
Level 2
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi Amy, I haven't heard anything back from Airbnb after reporting this guest. I made the report by going to his profile and scrolling to the bottom of the screen and there it says report this user.

As he had already left me a review, I then left a review saying what had happened which was that I woke up at 1am to find him lying at the end of my bed on the floor in his shorts and t shirt. 

I still do not know the process around reporting someone. I can see that he is still using Airbnb.

Sorry to hear of your unpleasant experience.

@Louisa-And-Mark0

This is outrageous. I too am a Bristol host and wouldn't want this guy to be able to stay with me. (If you want to message me his details I would be very grateful in case he tries to book with me).

Unfortunately the 'report this guest' does little unless they receive multiple flags.

You need to call Airbnb now and ask them why they are allowing him to continue to be a guest when he represents a risk to hosts personal security after you flagged this to them.

I wonder if the guest was either drunk or sleep walking. What did he say when you confronted him?

@Helen3 wrote:

@Louisa-And-Mark0

Hi Helen

He said OMG I've come into the wrong room and left.

He did not appear drunk at all but I suppose may be a sleep walker who does not remember his sleep walking. 

How do I message you?

On my site, he is the last guest to leave a review.

I want to report a guest but after reading these posts it sounds like there is no point.  At this point I'm just going to say in the 1st line of the review that the guest won't be welcomed back.   Nothing creepy like the previous people have had, just a business owner who is booking Airbnb for his workers.  Some of the workers are under 21 and they are staying by themselves in houses, they and other team members are leaving the house a disaster.  Then when the owner is notified of bad behavior he cancels the reservation and wants a refund.  He's done it in 3 houses in the area in the past month.