Resolution center or not?

Lindsey260
Level 2
Austin, TX

Resolution center or not?

So we had our AC go down (again) on a renter. GRRR! The temp was high of 77 that day and he told us about it at 5:54p on Monday. At 6:20p we had a resolution and told him someone would be out between 8-10a the next day to take a look. The tech was out at 8:45a and had the AC totally fixed by 10a. The Guest is asking for a partial refund as "Monday without AC was rough" 

My question is-do I ask him to go through the resolution center to request a resolution? Or keep this in the messaging portion of ABNB? 

I honestly don't think a refund is needed as he seemed to get through the entire day just fine and told us about it that evening and we had it fixed in less than a half day. I am considering it and wondering what he thinks is fair, would going in the resolution center be of any benefit? 

Thanks community! 

2 Replies 2

@Lindsey260  I personally find it a little sleazy for guests to ask for discounts and refunds - it's often a sign of trouble ahead. However, when a guest reports that a listed amenity isn't working, I'd recommend that you reach your final agreement on how to resolve the issue before taking action on it. If you don't believe that the situation warrants a partial refund, the guest should have the option of terminating the rest of the booking and accepting a refund for the unused nights - basically the professional way of saying "put up or shut up."

If I were in your situation here, though, what I would do is initiate a Resolution request with the amount of compensation I was willing to offer (50% off one night's room rate is my default remedy when it's a one-night problem). Don't ask the guest to initiate the request - it looks more professional if you present your offer than if you ask the guest to state their demands.

Lindsey260
Level 2
Austin, TX

Thanks @Anonymous I agree, get it in there and just get in front of it. We will wait for the cleaning teams report and go from there.