Safety Issues and Guest bahviors in General

Answered!
David12131
Level 1
Berlin, Germany

Safety Issues and Guest bahviors in General

Thanks god, I have been hosting for about 7 years without any issues so far. Sometimes you have the creeps who book but they leave and everything gets back to normal.

now I was completely unawaire of all the crasy **bleep** which is happening around the world. I think this small money we get is not worth at all, especially if you are hosting your own appartment where you live.

I have decided that I am completing my current bookings and quitting this crappy platform. Especially that now what it only does is get reach upon us and providing no propers support and service.

Thanks hosts, for sharing their crasy experioences.

I think it a good point to stop here and move on.Especially that crappy airbnb doesnt do anything in any situation. they have hotline, emergency lines, but when you need them, they do nothing.

No thankls, stay safe everyone

1 Best Answer

Hi David. I checked your AirBnB profile and I assume you rent rooms with access to common areas. I know that it is much more difficult than renting entire places and may lead to some "conflicts of interest". Unfortunately, you won't find a way to separate guests who are "difficult", whiny", "unhappy in life", or simply "dishonest". On any rental platform. This place - AirBnB - seems to me the best, at least you can leave a review of the guest's stay and behavior here. I've had over 350 guests so far, and I've only given one person a "I don't want to host you again" review. This isn't a bad result, I guess. 

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Sorry to hear about your experiences. @David12131  what issues are you encountering with guests that is leading you to leave.

I've been hosting for nine years and have only had one really bad guest - my first .

I'm a home share host too and haven't shared your negative experiences fortunately. I've had guests cook me meals, leave gifts and thank you cards. I've had guests mend things for me and help carry in shopping and deliveries . 

i think key to my success is vetting guests carefully and keeping any contact with Airbnb to a minimum. I don't rely on their limited guarantee and have my own insurance. 

do you have a previous listing with lower reviews that you deleted as you have quite a few low ratings for cleanliness and accuracy which aren't reflected in your current listings which are all positive. 

Dear Helen, thanks for the information provided. Can you maybe please summarize for me some of the vetting you mentioned above. How would you normally make the process of accepting or declining according to the vetting you mentioned.

For me there are the reviews of course, but honestly since seven years, I have never seen in Airbnb a profile which has a negative review. I guess  that is quite a biased thing, depending on people. For example, some might give me 3 starts because they are unhappy with noises in the residental building where 100 people live, for example. Anyway I have never seen someone having reviews where it is written "this member is creep or does something horrible" . So one thing normally or maybe quite rare what I can spot, are some members having no review at all, but there is menioned on their profile that they have some trips already in past. Other than that, maybe the way they text me? or what they text me. Would you be kind and provide some insigh here from you rich experienced pointof view ^^),

Have a nice day

Dave

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

So I am still not clear from your post what issues are you encountering with guests that is leading you to want to leave Airbnb @Marcin65  so I can help advise and how do you currently vet your guests to ensure they are a good fit? I

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @David12131,  I hope you're doing well.

Have you had the chance to read Helen's comment? With a bit more context, she will be happy to provide her suggestions.

Please keep us updated.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Hi David. I checked your AirBnB profile and I assume you rent rooms with access to common areas. I know that it is much more difficult than renting entire places and may lead to some "conflicts of interest". Unfortunately, you won't find a way to separate guests who are "difficult", whiny", "unhappy in life", or simply "dishonest". On any rental platform. This place - AirBnB - seems to me the best, at least you can leave a review of the guest's stay and behavior here. I've had over 350 guests so far, and I've only given one person a "I don't want to host you again" review. This isn't a bad result, I guess.