Scammy message on Facebook

Scammy message on Facebook

Hey guys,

I was browsing on my fb account today, and I got this weird (to say the least). It feels very scammy:

"Greetings, I am pleased to share exciting news with you! I have established a collaboration with Airbnb insiders, and we possess the capability to elevate any host to superhost status within 24 hours, even if they don't meet the usual criteria. Whether it's the removal of negative reviews or reactivating suspended listings, our expertise covers it all. Referred to fondly as Airbnb Wizards by our clients, our touch is often described as magical.

Calvin173_0-1710449465953.png

Calvin173_1-1710449465959.png

Here's what we offer: -

Calvin173_2-1710449465959.png

No requirement for account access or sharing personal information -

Calvin173_3-1710449465960.png

Payment only upon completion of the job -

Calvin173_4-1710449465960.png

Guaranteed improvement in your ratings and listing views Are you interested in experiencing the magic for yourself? Best regards, Airbnb Wizard"

I don't know if you got the same, but I didn't like that at all. Even if this were legit, it feels like cheating! What do you guys think? Did you have similar experiences?

Regards

6 Replies 6
Maria19300
Level 2
Berlin, CT

I believe I saw something come through here like that but I always ignore ads for anything for sale...I KNOW where I have to go when I want something 99 x/100 so I ignore the ads.

Exactly! And the profile has his name written twice "Jack Jack", so clearly it's a scam haha But it should be more accounts with a higher notion on how to scam people. So I thought it was important to share this kind of message!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Common scam @Calvin173 @just report them on FB

Yes, I think this messages a bit invasive as well... Like, how do they know I'm on Airbnb? Are they stalking me? Did They see my wife's listing and stalked her until they find me? I mean... I'm not scared, but I feel overwhelmed.
Anyway... Thanks for the suggestion, I'll report them!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Easy enough to see what groups you are in - on FB @Calvin173 

I know on this community you don't link to your listings (not sure why) but on socials normally easy enough to track members of STR groups.

I'm very enthusiastic about STRs, but I'm not a host full-time (yet), I work with marketing companies most of the time... So I'm more like a "premium helper" on my wife's Airbnb haha. That's why I don't have any property linked to my profile. But I intend to, someday...