Seasonal Rates

Answered!
Jonathan163
Level 1
East Greenwich, RI

Seasonal Rates

I have no way of easily adding seasonal rates.  I have a ski rental home.  It is very frustrating because if I allow bookings 3 or 6 months in advance the prospective guest thinks that the rates still apply when they don't.  I usually lose the prospect once I decline and then up the rates.

1 Best Answer

24 Replies 24
Andrew157
Level 10
Windermere, United Kingdom

You can set a different rate for each night if you want via the calendar by editing each night or group of nights. If you look at the suggested price Tips that's what they are doing. In our case weekends are higher than weekdays.

You have to set a baseline price on the calendar. This can be your off season price. The commercial letting companies always list "price from"

I tried this and it just changed the dates for everything.

Mike415
Level 2
Baywood-Los Osos, CA

Airbnb is not a friendly platform for vacation rentals at the beach. Where for example the rates double during the summer acation season. That is very difficult to adjust. Manually posting the rate for each day is teadious. Much easier on HA.

Chad-and-Emily0
Level 3
Oroville, CA

If it's as simple as "on season" "off season" I would workaround by creating a duplicate listing and having each available one season. (Hopefully just in the meantime while ABB works on this issue.)

You can add seasonal pricing to your listing already.  https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/503/how-do-i-set-custom-or-seasonal-pricing

@Alice-and-Jeff0 I have set weekly pricing for certain weeks of the year but when I look at the calendar the nightly pricing that displays does not reflect the adjustments.  Is it supposed to?  How can I verify that the pricing is correct other than go the process of reserving as a guest? 

This didn’t work.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Jonathan163,

I know you posted your idea suggestion in Host Voice a few months ago now, but I wanted to highlight @Alice-and-Jeff0's response to you here, as there is a way to already achieve this. 

I thought you might also find this Community Guide on setting a weekly/monthly price useful too (created by a host here in the Community Center).

Do let us know how you get on. 🙂

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Karin146
Level 2
Luton, United Kingdom

I simply cannot see on my listing the same things as described in your "how do I set custom pricing" link!!  It says in that link to edit "lenth of stay"   But I just cannot find "length of stay" on my screen??   Am I crazy or doing something stupid??

K

Me too. The AirBnB instructions must be out of date.  I see no way to make this work -- and no support to call or report the problem...

It doesn't work.

Hi @Alice-and-Jeff0 @ @Lizzie 

I am not seeing how the article link solves seasonal pricing unless you're renting out by the week or month only.

I , like @Jonathan163 , would like a solution to  establish a seasonal per night price without having to monitor when someone cancels that it reverts to the base price. Yikes!  The programmers who created the customization for "trip length" should be able to create the ability to set seasonal pricing and that stays that price just as trip length stays the same once it has been customized, no matter when guests cancel or nights are unblocked.  

Thanks for your ideas.  BEST , Marcy

@Marcy1 - The instructions in the article are correct but I've tried to add more information to help you.  To set weekly or monthly Seasonal prices - see below.  

To set a custom price for specific weeks or months:

1. Go to Your listings on airbnb.com and select a listing
  2. Click Manage listing  (that's the "Edit" selection on the Listing page)
  3. Click Pricing at the top of the page
  4. Next to Length-of-stay prices, click Edit
  5. Below the weekly and monthly discounts, click a link to set a custom price for a specific week or month
  6. Locate the time frame you'd like to set a custom price for and enter a price (see the attached picture) 
  7. Click Apply

Note: Custom weekly and monthly prices will override your normal nightly, weekly, and monthly prices, as well as any custom nightly prices you've set for those dates.

custom prices.JPG

OTHERWISE -  go to the calendar and select the dates/nights you want to raise prices and raise them.  I keep prices raised for events in town and simply turn off Smart Pricing for those nights.  If your "season" starts in April and ends in August, go to April and select all the dates of April through August and raise the price.  My calendar is only open for a year in advance, but you can edit the calendar far into the future even if the dates are not yet available for booking.  

Good luck.  

Thanks for the info. I do not have a discount for weekly or monthly pricing. I do understand how to customize pricing however it reverts to the base (winter, weekday) price if there is a change. So, I am still unclear how setting a weekly/monthly price for a certain period helps me establish a firm, daily seasonal rate. Thanks, Marcy