Sending a picture to a potential guest

Answered!
Shawna1
Level 2
Galveston, TX

Sending a picture to a potential guest

I have a potential guest who has asked about navigating my steep stairs in a wedding dress. I have two pictures that I took specifically for those who may have a problem with the stairs. How do I send the pix to the potential client? I don't have her contact email before booking and messages with email addresses have the address removed.

Suggestions?

1 Best Answer
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Shawna1,

How about adding the photos to your listing photos.  You can always remove them later.

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

View Best Answer in original post

40 Replies 40

Is that a available on the PC site. I do not see them dots on the mobile app.

on the write message i dont see the icon of camera

I dont have these icons in the App inbox?

Any ideas welcome!

This is only available if the person is booked.

Awesome!  

good work Julie.

janu

Hi Janu,

What phone are you using.  I'm using my app on Samsung 10+ and I'm not seeing a Camera icon.

The guest has not confirmed booking. He is asking for specific pictures before he books.  

Any ideas willl be appreciated.

Thank you,

Celina

Not able to see this option anywhere in the app inbox

Hi Julie,

Thank you so much for posting this.  On my Samsung 10+, Airbnb app, all I see is a document icon on the left and a send button on the right.  I'm loosing potential customers because they want to see a picture of the community pool they have access too, but Airbnb Plus did not photograph.  Uploading it as part of my photo profile is not available either.  Please let me know if you have any other ideas. 

Thank you.

Celina

I only have two icons, not four and one of the two is not my photos or a camera.

Lesley79
Level 1
Bristol, United Kingdom

I had to send pictures to a host to show the lack of cleaning done prior to our arival. There's two ways I can see. Assuming you now have a phone number add them to your WhatsApp and send pictures that way. If you've tken the on the same phone - no problem. If not, send to yourself by email, open and send from your phone via WhatsApp.

Second, in the phone app, there's a camera icon to the bottom left (if yoyu've been messaging them alresdy), it allows you to send or take pictures either take a picture or use the ones you've emailed youtrself.

Finally and its a bit late for the person wanting to send a staircase picture....why noit include one in your listing? If one guest has asked for there's a good chance someone else will.

Beth123
Level 2
Auckland, New Zealand

I've come to find that unless they have "confirmed" their booking you cannot share pictures. However, once confirmed you can through the messenger. 

As a workaround I added the photos to my listing and asked her to view them that way. Hope this helps!

I am trying to send pictures of the location of my keysafe to confirmed guests.  I either attach the photo or use the "mountain" icon to get the picture in the main body of the email, and it appears.  But when it arrives at the guest the picture has gone!

There's a section of your profile where you can provide directions to your place, and you can include pictures on that. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Once a guest has booked, you can send photos, maps, etc, as attachments to the coded email address airbnb assigns them or their personal email if the guest wants to give you that. 

Adriana100
Level 10
Pitts, PA

for some reason I can send pictures with the airbnb app on the phone. android.dont know about iphones. it is not possible on the website but the app does it