Service animal

Answered!

Service animal

Airbnb states entry for service animal regardless of owner policy….

yet, here i am being denied booking. 

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If you have a service animal rather than an emotional support animal and IF the host doesn't have pets themselves and isn't a homeshare host with say pet allergies then they need to accept your booking @Max2246 

I would imagine in most scenarios you would prefer to find a host that is pet friendly and therefore set up to accommodate service animals. If there are no pet friendly listings in the area you want to stay in, and you have a service animal that you confirm you will keep with you at all times, then absolutely flag with Airbnb that the host has denied your booking because you have a service animal.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Max2246 Pass your details onto both the host and Airbnb . Service animals in Australia are registered although many people have reasons not to take animals  at all,they are obligated to take true service animals.If in discussion with the host you feel that they do not have a valid reason or in fact any reason then report them to Airbnb. but having said that I would like to point out that often you will find other hosts offering similar accommodation,close by who do take all animals,... H

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If you have a service animal rather than an emotional support animal and IF the host doesn't have pets themselves and isn't a homeshare host with say pet allergies then they need to accept your booking @Max2246 

I would imagine in most scenarios you would prefer to find a host that is pet friendly and therefore set up to accommodate service animals. If there are no pet friendly listings in the area you want to stay in, and you have a service animal that you confirm you will keep with you at all times, then absolutely flag with Airbnb that the host has denied your booking because you have a service animal.

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Max2246 

Sorry to hear about this.

You can find our Accessibility policy here - and it'd be great if you could give us some more detail about what happened when you tried to book.

Hope to hear from you.

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines