Service cleaning during a long stay

Alli1312
Level 2
Daylesford, Australia

Service cleaning during a long stay

I have a guest in for 3 months. She requested a linen change / light service every fortnight and I agreed. My housekeeper wants the guest to vacate while she cleans but the guest (mum with three teenagers and a dog) doesn't want to. I don't think she' worried about theft, more that she can't be bothered.

My housekeeper is great, she's very experienced and she plans to send in a team of two to do the clean in case of any security issues (eg being accused of theft), but we're in a small town and not many of the cleaners will do a service clean in situ, especially if the guest is there.

This is a pain! I would love any tips or advice from the community please, as this is my first long-term hosting and I don't think I would do it again if I'm honest.

Should i insist that the guests vacate during the clean? Even if just to the garden area. Or ask my housekeeper to accept them being there. Thank you!

1 Reply 1
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I can see why your cleaner wouldn't want the guest there while she cleans @Alli1312 

Just explain to the guest she is a trusted cleaner and that if she wants a regular clean she needs to leave the property empty to enable the cleaner to do a proper job.