Split stay in the Washington DC area

Answered!
Deb4714
Level 1
Soap Lake, WA

Split stay in the Washington DC area

My traveling partners and I are planning our next trip to the Washington DC metro area this May.  In searching Airbnb's this is the first time I've come across the option to split the stay into two different locations "to experience more".  I find this an intriguing idea and wonder if there is conversation or feedback on the pros and cons?  Thanks!

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Deb4714 ALL feedback I have seen in the CC is negative! People have been offered split stays suggesting they move between 2 rooms/apartments in the same building.

The real stupidity for me is that you will have to check out of one place at say 10am and then wait with all your luggage valuables until say 4pm to check into the next place. Who would want to waste a days vacation doing this?

Secondly you will pay 2 cleaning fees - Again how dumb is that!

Now it makes excellent sense to split a vacation across 2 locations with a decent distance between them but you can do this by just searching for 3 nights in one place and 4 in another.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Deb4714 ALL feedback I have seen in the CC is negative! People have been offered split stays suggesting they move between 2 rooms/apartments in the same building.

The real stupidity for me is that you will have to check out of one place at say 10am and then wait with all your luggage valuables until say 4pm to check into the next place. Who would want to waste a days vacation doing this?

Secondly you will pay 2 cleaning fees - Again how dumb is that!

Now it makes excellent sense to split a vacation across 2 locations with a decent distance between them but you can do this by just searching for 3 nights in one place and 4 in another.

Thank you for this conversation and your points make perfect sense.  As I continued my research, when I noticed a rather large discount for staying a week or more, that would be another benefit we would lose.   I appreciate your time, and happy travels!