Star rating reviews only.

Star rating reviews only.

Hello, recently I have noticed that guests are only leaving star ratings as their reviews and are not writing anything about their stay. The last 5 or 6 guests I’ve had have all left us 5 stars, which is wonderful, but none of them have written anything. Is this just a new trend or has the review process changed?  I thought, like for hosts, writing something for the public to read was mandatory.  I miss reading how my guests stay was, good or bad. Also for prospective guests, they have nothing to read about the property if they’re are only star ratings. 

1 Reply 1
Renee291
Level 7
Cincinnati, OH

Hello Tom, I am receiving narrative reviews from my guests. And I agree, that is important. Sometimes people give you fewer stars based on something that is outside of your control or not important to a future guest.  And it's important for that information to be available for hosts to improve or guests to evaluate. I have found it interesting that several guests have stated that they have gotten the best sleep of their life on the bed in my home while one said the bed was so soft she had to see a chiropractor (🙄) and another 1 said it was very hard. I have one listing, a 1 bedroom house, and I have more than 70 pictures of it in my listing because I want to be as accurate as possible as to what I am offering. Still, I have had a guest give me less than 5 stars as to accuracy of the listing, but with no explanation. While I do challenge that rating, I can't change or improve without details.