Temperature Control

Answered!
Chris17392
Level 2
Columbus, GA

Temperature Control

Hello, 

So I am healthcare worker on a travel assignment. I am currently renting a whole unit and the host regulates the heat. The unit has double french doors in the living room and the sun beams all day . The temperature got up to 85 degrees yesterday afternoon.  I have asked the host twice now to help as I have no thermostat in the unit. Therefore I am unable to remedy the situation myself.  Her first response was that she would turn down the heat but was unable to do that during the day and would only be able to do that at night. Which as a night shift worker is an issue.  Well when it got up to 85 yesterday making it virtually impossible for me to sleep before my shift, I sent another request asking if there was anything that could be done, her response was , " if you want to leave, I can remedy that"!

So my question is , what are my options and will I only receive a partial refund? There are other issues as well but the main thing for me is the heat regulation thing. I have rented Airbnbs before and have always been able to regulate the temperature myself. Any information would be great. 

Thank you

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Chris17392 first thing - make sure all your messaging is on Airbnb. Next I suggest you ask the host if they would agree to  mutually shortening the reservation and refunding the nights not stayed. If they agree then all is well. If not then it becomes harder!

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Chris17392 first thing - make sure all your messaging is on Airbnb. Next I suggest you ask the host if they would agree to  mutually shortening the reservation and refunding the nights not stayed. If they agree then all is well. If not then it becomes harder!

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

@Chris17392  are there no windows to open to let the heat escape?  

and I assume what's happened is that some less than reasonable guest before you has ruined it for everyone by being unreasonable with the heating, and so the owner has taken control. Although I will say their response to your request seems less than hospitable. 

Yes, there are windows to open but still not enough when the sun beams  through the double French doors all day long. I agree, I think she was burned in the past but to not allow a guest to be comfortable in an environment that they are paying good money for is a deal breaker for me. Anyway, situation is resolved but it’s a lesson learned.