The Host agreed to change my dates, but decline the change due to the dates we’re cheaper

Ebony63
Level 1
Amarillo, TX

The Host agreed to change my dates, but decline the change due to the dates we’re cheaper

Hello everyone!!!! I have an issue as a guest.

On 4/2/23 I booked the wrong dates and my price was $162. The host allowed me move the dates.

I was trying to pick the dates but it did not allow me because the host blocks certain dates using check-in and check-out date method which allows you to increase the date if the guest request that specific date.

I asked the host to move dates to 4/10-4/12 because 4/11 was blocked. The host unblocked and then increased the price by $217. Since they use this pricing strategy, I did not see the increase during booking. I noticed it on my bank statement.

I’ve been in contact with Airbnb about the issue, (not seeing the price difference of diff dates prior to changes) and they said host is not in wrong.

This morning starting at 7:00 am the host still agreed to change the dates. I used another computer so I can see the host calendar and prices (I was unable to see the calendar when I request a change in reservation). I seen that the dates 4/12-4/14 is $216 cheaper , which will bring me down to my original price.

The host told me at 8:14 am to pick the dates that I wanted changed. I sent the request at 8:30 am (without giving the host a chance to increase the price). The host declined the request saying they are no longer going to make any changes.

Is it okay for them to change their mind last minute and not keep their word? Shouldn’t they be legally binded to the written agreement they sent me?

I’m thinking to cancel and do a civil suit against the host and Airbnb being that I canceled my flight and travel plans due to the host saying they will change the dates. do I have a chance?

i canceled my flight and travel arrangements due to the expectations of getting A later date.

1 Reply 1
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

When you say "increased price by $217..", do you mean 'to' $217' (from $162) or by an additional $217?