This message has been hidden because the person no longer has access to Airbnb.

This message has been hidden because the person no longer has access to Airbnb.

I am seeing this message in my inbox for an upcoming guest. ( This message has been hidden because the person no longer has access to Airbnb). I cannot contact her as the message cannot be sent so says AIRBNB. . AIRBNB told me she "has and error" on her account but would not tell me anything else. They advised to wait and see if she shows up i August?? Really. Anyone else seen this?

Thanks.

18 Replies 18
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Brian2179 I would call Airbnb again (and again and again) until you get someone sensible who will sort this out. If the guest has been banned you don't want them staying as you almost certainly won't get paid.

Mike2653
Level 1
Doncaster, United Kingdom

I’ve received the same message for an upcoming guest, they’re travelling from Australia so I can’t risk double booking them. Lady on the phone when I called Airbnb couldn’t tell me anything because it’s not an issue with my account…how bizzare 

AIRBNB finally decided to cancel the reservation without penality. They said the issue was on the guest side but would not revel the reason. When I called back the second time I got a supervisor and she got things moving. I could have messaged the guest with her phone number but was hesitant.

2 hours later I received a message from the guest that the reservation was canceled and could she re-instate.  She noted to me that while traveling she may have had an issue with the website. (Not sure about that) Then she noted she may have turned off the ability to send and receive reply's on the AIRBNB site. (I did not know this was an option) Anyway she re-booked but I required her to furnish all new guest information:

Where she was traveling from

Why she was traveling here

Full Names of all the adult guests and relationship to her

Number of children but no names

Verified ID

Updated profile picture

At least one positive review and no negative reviews.

She was good with all of that and reserved at her original price. 

I am a guest and I got the same message and all three of my bookings were cancelled at the same time.  I have contacted Airbnb and they are investigating, but I am worried as this will influence our visa application.  I am unable to send messages to the host and my Airbnb message box gives me an error.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Brian2179 @Stephen1429 

This seems to be a recurring glitch that is currently happening with Airbnb. There are several other recent posts saying the same thing happened.

This just happened to me. Person was inquiring  about a longer stay at my condo. I would love the 3 month booking but now he's gone... What is this about?

Yep, same thing just happened to me. The guest was inquiring about a 3 month stay, but in the Airbnb messaging app, the guest kept asking for me to take his or her number to contact them. I figured maybe that's why they lost their access🤷🏽‍♀️.

Elizabeth2581
Level 1
Halifax, Canada

We have a booking in four weeks time and my host "no longer has access to Airbnb". I can't just show up and hope our reservation is still there. Very frustrating. 

Call AIRBNB or the host. If no luck there try cancelling your reservation and book another home. 

I have the same now for a reservation in August 23. What did you do? Of course I have the adress and I even can find the person on Facebook. But I feel unsure, maybe better cancel the reservation? 

Liisa22
Level 1
San Francisco, CA

In the last few weeks I've received 7 requests for long stays. Each of the users had joined Airbnb in 2022 and had no reviews. I replied to each asking them to tell me about themselves and about the stay. Then I received this message: "This message has been hidden because the person no longer has access to Airbnb." Is there some scam going around on Airbnb with fake accounts and users? 

we have also received about 6 requests in theist month for extended stays - looks to be chinese but could be korean etc... this is the standard response : This message has been hidden because the person no longer has access to Airbnb.  I agree airbnb seems to have a lot of fraudulent attempts going on and it worries me for the security of our account. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Every listing company attracts fraudulent bookings @Liz78 

as the leading STR listing company Airbnb will get more than most.

the good thing are Airbnb are picking these up and blocking these fraudsters from contacting you. 

Cynthia1008
Level 1
Federal Way, WA

I also received this message from 2 different guests within a couple of days of each other. The first message I caught quickly enough to read it before it was blocked. Thankfully that was just an inquiry for 3+ months. The second one was a trip *request* for 3+ months, but by the time I got to the request, it was already blocked by Airbnb and I couldn't even read the message. Airbnb was still requiring me to "pre-approve or decline." I contacted SuperHost support saying I shouldn't have to pre-approve or decline since their profile was blocked and I can't even read their original message. Hours go by with no response and when I finally did get someone they asked me to send the name and confirmation number. It was like they didn't read my support message at all! I explained I couldn't type the name as it was different characters and there wasn't a confirmation number because nothing had been booked. I am so upset because I've read that declining requests affects your listing being seen by other guests searching and it's slow season for us so we need every booking possible from good guests. Since I only had less than 2 hours to respond as pre-approved or declined and didn't want my response rate affected, I went ahead and declined. Of course AFTER that, I get a message from support saying that my response rating wouldn't be affected. I don't trust that because this person didn't even read the message I sent about my issue. 

They need to fix this ASAP. I've tried submitting feedback but all they ever do is send me here to the community center. So at least I'm writing about it...