Unable to get booking

Answered!

Unable to get booking

I started Airbnb some time in February, it’s really discouraging for me because  I haven’t had bookings , though I have had some . So now I need to pay rent out of my pocket . Please how can I share property so y’all take a look at it and see. If anything is lacking? 

1 Best Answer
John6181
Level 2
San Diego, CA

90% of the time -- its cost. Are you tracking what everyone around you is doing?  Search your area like you are a guest on both airbnb and vrbo and see what you personally would book.  I have one that is in a very saturated vacation condo complex and there are a handful of property managers that handle multiple units that will lowball price to soak up traffic.  Until they are rented, everyone else either matches or waits it out...

View Best Answer in original post

12 Replies 12
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Did you do any market research before starting up around supply and demand for your sort of STR in your location @Anderson308 

Yes I did 

it’s actually in downtown Houston Texas.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

So what did it tell you supply and demand is like in your location for your sort of property ? @Anderson308 

what did it show you are peak and off peak booking times ? 

So I did my research from Airdna which , the occupancy rate was about 75 

I can’t really remember the RIO

Dottie21
Level 2
Minneapolis, MN

Some months can be slow and others will pay more than your rent. Summer is usually a good time. I've bee hosting for a while and in the winter I don't really get as much but I make up in the summer. Hopefully you're still hosting.

Thanks I really do appreciate, yes I’m still hosting . 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Anderson308, and thank you so much for posting in our community.

I am sharing here 👉how to request a listing critique on the Community Center. Additionally, here is the link to your listing for you to include in your listing critique threadhttps://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/1082226952155890066

I hope this helps.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Thanks so much Paula , I appreciate I’m about to try that now.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Anderson308, of course, we are here to help. Let me know if you have any further questions, as I will be happy to provide some guidelines through DM.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Hi Paula , I still find it difficult accessing the message center. 

John6181
Level 2
San Diego, CA

90% of the time -- its cost. Are you tracking what everyone around you is doing?  Search your area like you are a guest on both airbnb and vrbo and see what you personally would book.  I have one that is in a very saturated vacation condo complex and there are a handful of property managers that handle multiple units that will lowball price to soak up traffic.  Until they are rented, everyone else either matches or waits it out...

Hi John . Thanks for your response . 
I have checked all that the compensation is not that much . But I’m trying to put games in my property to . Since my property is big enough to take 10 people .