What can I do with a bad review in retaliation?

Venus41
Level 2
Oakland Park, FL

What can I do with a bad review in retaliation?

What do you do when a guest who violated house rules And leaves the place in disarray and is called out about it leaves a bad review solely because the person was called out about how the home was left? All other reviews are 5 Star. Is there a remedy?

9 Replies 9
Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Venus41 

Make sure you reply to it, stating the facts for her bad review people will see through it,

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Venus41 that bad review must have been removed??? I don't see it. Only see 3 reviews all excellent.

it was removed. they only put the good parts in and left the negative out.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Clara116 

Clara, a bit off topic but we were really concerned for you when we heard Hurricane Ian was going to cut a path of destruction through Florida and you were in our thoughts as we hoped for your safety and others around you.

Fortunately you appear to have avoided the worst affected part of your state but I hope you and your loved ones are all safe and that the country can get behind you and put right this terrible aspect of nature. 

Take care possum, we are thinking of you.

Cheers.......Rob

Rob, thanks so much for thinking of us here ...means a lot for sure. Yes we were so fortunate to be untouched by this one. As we usually have a target on our city and take on the eye of many bad boy storm.

Thanks again so kind of you all 

Some friends and many folks didn't fair well at all...but people do stick together and rebuild.

I'm not one of those that sticks around to weather the storm...if it's a category 2...I'm out of here with my dogs. 

Bless you and Ade,

Clara 

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

IF they have left a review, but it is not up yet, make sure you leave a review for them, so you then you will have the option to leave a follow up public response.

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Venus41 

Sorry to hear about your experience.

Do you have any updates on the situation? I also noticed the review isn't showing up on your profile.

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Venus41
Level 2
Oakland Park, FL

well, the guest did say he was going to leave a terrible review, he wound up not leaving a not so bad 4 star which still hurts because all our others are 5 star but its better then what was expected, thanks to all of you for the advice. 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Venus41 

Venus guests leave 4 stars when they think the stay was great! To some guests there is no such thing as 5 star, it is that perfection that does not exist. I have had 25 x 4 star reviews where the guest said how wonderful the stay was.......but, as good as it was, it wasn't perfection.

Don't get overly critical re guest reviews and don't pre-judge what they might write! You don't want to end up with egg on your face because you caned a guest in your review and they gave you a reasonable review in return.  

Just accept that not every review is going to be 5 star, but, that is not a reflection on you. When you have a lot of good reviews a poor review says more about the guest than it says about you, just accept it and move on to the next!

Cheers........Rob