What should I Message Guests After Booking?

Answered!
Sarah2109
Level 2
Redding, CT

What should I Message Guests After Booking?

Hello all!  I'm a new AirBnb host and wanted to crowd source some ideas...

So from what I am learning, I should have a "welcome message" of sorts ready to go once someone has confirmed a booking.  

I'd like to ask if you could provide me with a template of what you provide your guests (your address/phone/check-in isntructions/parking details/restrictions etc) once they've booked, so that they are able to have all the details they need in order to arrive and check-in easily.

Thanks in advance!

1 Best Answer
Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Sarah2109, this is what I send guests immediately after booking (tweaked depending on whether it is a booking request or instant book):

Hi xxx, I'm happy to accept your request and I look forward to welcoming you into my home!

You're welcome to check in anytime from 3pm to 7pm but please do let me know what time you expect to arrive so I can plan my day and make sure I am home to greet you.

To ensure you're fully satisfied with your stay, please spend a moment reading the listing details and house rules carefully - if you feel they might not be a good fit for you, I do have a flexible cancellation policy.

Otherwise, I look forward to meeting you and 'll be in touch closer to the date with arrival details.

Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

Best wishes, Kath

And then, a couple of days before they are due to arrive, I sent them a message with arrival details (a scenic way of driving to the house, how to navigate my rollercoaster of a driveway, where to park, how to get in, etc.)

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Sarah2109 welcome to Airbnb. My message depends on how far in advance they book and what is their initial message. If they book for more then 3 days from the check in day I write "Good morning Mr/Mrs, Thank you for choosing our apartment for your upcoming visit to ______. We are looking forward to welcoming you. Have a great day! Best regards, _____" . I don't give them check in details sooner than 3 days before check in. Two or three days before check in I ask them about approximate time of arrival and give them the check in details and answer any questions they might have. Just go with the flow, every guest if different, I don't think there is one message that fits all of them. 

Esther378
Level 2
Newport News, VA

There are several Airbnb guests messaging templates online. Here’s an example of the first message I send after getting confirmed booking.

Hello ....

Thank you  for booking our place. We look forward to having you!

A few days before your stay, I will send you info on how to check in, access code  etc.

Please gloss over the property listing and our house manual to make sure we are a good fit for your stay. 

feel free to shoot me any questions you may have in the meantime. 

Regards,

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Sarah2109, this is what I send guests immediately after booking (tweaked depending on whether it is a booking request or instant book):

Hi xxx, I'm happy to accept your request and I look forward to welcoming you into my home!

You're welcome to check in anytime from 3pm to 7pm but please do let me know what time you expect to arrive so I can plan my day and make sure I am home to greet you.

To ensure you're fully satisfied with your stay, please spend a moment reading the listing details and house rules carefully - if you feel they might not be a good fit for you, I do have a flexible cancellation policy.

Otherwise, I look forward to meeting you and 'll be in touch closer to the date with arrival details.

Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

Best wishes, Kath

And then, a couple of days before they are due to arrive, I sent them a message with arrival details (a scenic way of driving to the house, how to navigate my rollercoaster of a driveway, where to park, how to get in, etc.)