What type of information is redacted in communication with guests?

Thomas2387
Level 2
Texas, United States

What type of information is redacted in communication with guests?

I'm aware that some information given to a guest is redacted by Airbnb. Exactly what type of information is that?

7 Replies 7
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Thomas2387 Before a booking is made they will redact pretty much anything that could allow a guest to contact you directly. After booking I think most info gets through.

Get a friend to contact you and you will see what is redacted.

There is an option to send an image to the guest. Are you aware of any restrictions on the content of the image?

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Thomas2387 

It can’t show your street address, telephone number or any identifying information.

It probably shouldn’t show anything that is normally inside your underwear either.

😉

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Thomas2387 

I agree with @Mike-And-Jane0.

Just be VERY careful about anything that could be construed as an attempt to book off-platform or on a different platform.

The computer may pick this up and block all communications from both guest and host indefinitely.

I had this happen recently when a legitimate guest, exasperated with the malfunctioning website, asked if we were listed on VRBO.

They pitched a major fit, froze the guest’s account, and wouldn’t let me respond to help them book.

Thomas2387
Level 2
Texas, United States

As a host, we have an online presence. Can this fact be mentioned on Airbnb?

@Thomas2387  You can't post links or names of other sites, that info would be blocked. Why would a guest need to have access to your "online presence", whatever that means, before they have a confirmed booking? As far as guests are concerned, your online presence is your Airbnb listing.

Your point is well taken. The online presence mentioned is a website regarding the property being hosted in addition to other business. The site contains a link to book via Airbnb. You have answered my question; the site cannot be mentioned. Thanks.