Why AirBnb keeps giving VACASA a green light to manage properties with so many complains ?

Carlos-Alberto80
Level 1
Miami Beach, FL

Why AirBnb keeps giving VACASA a green light to manage properties with so many complains ?

I'm not the only one, if you look at the review every forth or fifth review is an apology about a complain. They don't take responsibility they always blame their local franchise. They don't refund you a penny is AirBnb that will do a partial refund because the  hosts insurance.
I sent an email to Brian Pesky never got a response. 

"Horror movie on what was suppose to be a partial vacation- business trip. I like the location,I rented a one bedroom from another company before. Vacasa is a management company so the system is automated, the local office was not responsive at all. Got to the apartment and it was confortable, however the floor was so dirty that I passed a white napkin around the kitchen floor and came out red and black, there where dirty spot all over the floor, there was nothing to clean the floor with, no vacuum cleaner nothing to swipe or products to clean the bathroom and the sink. No garbage bags. When I contact Vacasa and automated (bot) email reply saying that someone was going to get in touch with me SOON. the worst part was that by Thursday the electricity was cut of Thursday without any notification from Vacasa. I contacted them again and Bryan ask me for proof that I so a sign outside the complex notifying resident of the cut off. I'm not the only one with a bad experience with Vacasa.
Response from Vacasa North Carolina
October 2023
Carlos, thank you for your review. We regret to hear that your time with us was less than satisfactory. We sincerely apologize for the cleanliness concerns you encountered during your stay with us. Our team of housekeepers takes pride in their cleanliness standards, as it is a top priority service we provide for every guest prior to check-in. We have passed your feedback along to our housekeeping staff so they are aware of your concerns. Additionally, we apologize for any disconnect in the care you received when communicating with our team and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We welcome your feedback as a means to improve and will be sure to follow up with the appropriate parties regarding your experience. We hope to have the opportunity to impress you in the future.
5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Carlos-Alberto80 Airbnb provide potential guests with reviews that show how poor certain hosts are. If guests choose to ignore these then more fool them.

Also any refund offered will most likely be charged to the host not paid by Airbnb.

What is more amazing is that AirBnb has an insurance for guests. They will refund you a % of the total amount. VACASA doesn't get charged a penny. Go figure!!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Carlos-Alberto80  The reason Vacasa continues to operate as you know is because some hosts continue to use the company despite their poor reviews and customer service.

sadly some investor hosts are really only interested in profits.

Airbnb has no control over which STR management company STR business owners use.

Personally I never book listings managed by large scale management companies - I suggest you do the same . 

Jennifer4625
Level 1
Atlanta, GA

Airbnb hasn’t yet posted my negative review on my recent disgusting stay at a Vacasa property!! As soon as I hit Send, I received a msg saying they’d let Vacasa know how they can improve. But Airbnb has yet to post my review 4 days later!! Has anyone ever experience this?

It may take up to 15 days for it to show up.