Worst experience ever? How do i get a refund as promised?

Worst experience ever? How do i get a refund as promised?

I planned a stay for the first time. Family was excited then one issue after another.  Supposedly the people who stayed in the venue before us had a party. Why this is my problem,  well dishes were broken cigarettes left in yard. So upon our arrival an hr after unloading police showed up saying we were kicked out the night prior why are we still there. Obviously not knowing this was an airbnb he said he sat outside since he got a report of another party. Wrong as he said I sat outside the house and heard nothing but since we got a call we have to check it out. Long story short my family had no such party as the previous people yet we were kicked out next day promised a refund.  Lloyd the host told us take our money and go rent a room as we were told to leave so abruptly my daughter left her wallet n bag. We were told they could care less we drove from out of town,  wallet left with cash cards important items for sure. To be told basically they got paid screw us. I had to refill all 4 propane tanks on property just to use the amenities listed for the venue. Now I can still not submit for a refund and I'm told airbnb handles nothing contact the host. Worst experience ever, ruined my sons weekend.  Still no refund and we paid $1042 for less then 24hr. Can anyone explain to me what I am Obviously missing? I am sure I'm not the only one experiencing An issue.

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

It seems to me this host is ignoring all rules of hospitality.

If you are kicked out of an accommodation because the previous guests misbehaved, then something is totally wrong.

If this story is true, then the host must be suspended and you should receive full refund.

Please note it is important to follow Airbnb procedures when making a claim for refund. It is als not clear to me if the reservation was cancelled. Did you contact Airbnb already when the trouble started ?

I submitted for a refund for having to refill all the propane tanks in the back yard. Because of this request still being in the review process I am unable to submit a new refund request.  Now I'm told I am past my 60 day period to ask for any refund.  Huge nightmare of an experience.  Rather would have stayed in a motel for all the trouble this has been. Airbnb says the refund comes from the host. If he is refusing the $39 propane tank exchange fees I also should not have had to refill myself he will for sure not refund the 1 Nighy of $279 by choice clearly.