Worst experience ever with Airbnb-Host **

Raksha9
Level 1
Udupi, India

Worst experience ever with Airbnb-Host **

My recent booking with this Airbnb host turned into an utter nightmare, highlighting their unprofessionalism and disregard for guests' comfort and convenience. Despite confirming our arrival time of 6 PM, the host failed to ensure the availability of the room and claimed it was already occupied upon our arrival. Also the host conveniently ignored all of my calls, yet managed to communicate with their friend who arranged alternative accommodation, miles away in Panjim city. When we had plans for Baga beach.This unexpected change not only disrupted our plans but also wasted 3 hrs going back and forth during heavy traffic time.

To add insult to injury, the host's friend promised a full refund for the inconvenience caused, yet the promised reimbursement never materialized. Despite reaching out via texts, the host chose to ignore our inquiries, displaying a complete lack of accountability and customer service.

I strongly caution against engaging with this host on Airbnb. Their unreliability, lack of communication, and failure to fulfill promises demonstrate a blatant disregard for guest satisfaction. Save yourself the trouble and seek accommodation elsewhere to avoid the frustration and disappointment we experienced.
**[Name hidden due to privacy concerns - Community Center Guidelines]

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Raksha9 

It's an awful situation to face and thankfully happens rarely. 

If when you arrive at a property the listing is not available. If after reaching out to the host they confirm it is not available then you should follow the advice on your booking confirmation and contact Airbnb so they can help you find alternative accommodation and where necessary contribute towards costs if the accommodation is more expensive. 

I am a little confused as to why you would have agreed to go and stay in their friends accommodation three hours away in a location do you didn't want to be in. Nor why you would agree refund with the host's friend rather than letting Airbnb deal with it through the Airbnb platform.

Please leave an honest review of this host and use the process laid down on your booking confirmation to get support rather then dealing with a third party off platform. Hopefully some of your communication is through the Airbnb platform so you can claim for your refund.

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/3218

After the train journey, we were so exhausted and just wanted to rest. In the midst of the sudden situation, the thought of complaining on Airbnb didn't even cross our minds. Opting for the host's friends' accommodation seemed like the easiest option for my friends, and I didn't want to leave them stranded. However, reflecting on it now, I agree that we should have reached out to Airbnb for assistance. This experience has taught me the importance of using the platform for support in any situation. Nevertheless, this review is completely honest, and we're not seeking any refund. I simply want to share our experience with this host so that Airbnb and future guests can be aware.