concerned about a booking

concerned about a booking

Hello Everyone

I have  got a 41 day booking that was  due to start 3 days ago and the guest did not turn up.  My concerns are around the following:

: The initial booking inquiry (wife) was converted to a booking made by the persons " husband" who has no reviews. This happened because I sent a special offer which she declined due to dates needing to be changed and she claimed the platform would not allow her to book because she declined the special offer.

: The husband booked, with his wife listed as a guest.

: A couple of days before the booking he messaged me and said he would not be coming,  it would only be the other guest. 

: The guest did not turn up, and has been unclear ever since about her arrival date/time,  at the moment it is in a couple of days time. 

: She is communicating through her own profile,  and  that is not where the booking is. 

: I have been communicating back, and making it clear I am available all of the times she has suggested, and was available on the original booking day to give her the key, and duplicating that information with the guest who holds the booking.

I have real reservations about the booking now.  Feeling really concerned now. Has anyone come across this kind of thing before?  

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Khatrina0 Has Airbnb released the money to you? Even if they have I would call them and ask them for advice.

Hi Guys, 

Thanks for your response. Yes, the funds have been released. I am just concerned about liability issues given that the guest who turns up will not be the guest that made the booking.  The guest who has made the booking is referring to the other guest ( who I am told is is wife )  is referring to her as  " the guest " and seems to have not much of an idea of where she is and what her arrangements are.  I will call Airbnb on the weekend about this, just thought maybe someone has come across a similar situation.